• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Andy Zee: Tribute Thread

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
RIP AndyZee, never met you, but from what I have read you were a hell of guy to be around on the snow! Thoughts and prayers for your family and beloved wife.

And in your name, I will give a nice big loud FU to cancer!

Sky

TrailBoss...thanks for posting such a terrific tribute. Well done!

I never met Andy, but thoroughly enjoyed his posts here.

Sympathies to his wife and family.

*wow...I need to update this avatar*

Warp Daddy

TrailBoss...thanks for posting such a terrific tribute. Well done!

I never met Andy, but thoroughly enjoyed his posts here.

Sympathies to his wife and family.

*wow...I need to update this avatar*

HEY Big man , welcome back ! Don't be a stranger :beer:

Stache

Website
WWW.SKIWITHSTACHE.COM
Ok, it has been over a week now and I still haven't been able to complete a post. Mostly because I am overwhelmed by shock and sadness, and then from facing the reality that AZ and I are the same age, have a similar passion for skiing and hiking, but also a similar drive to do it as cheaply as possible which sometimes found us both the same hotel because of priceline or similar deals. Everything that has already been said and this: Everybody dies, not everybody lives. Andy lived and he loved life and skiing and the outdoors and most of all people. God Bless you Andy Z. Rest in Peace my friend.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Was thinking about Andy this morning. Hard to believe it's already been three weeks. It's bizarre how time just keeps trucking along.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Was thinking about Andy this morning. Hard to believe it's already been three weeks. It's bizarre how time just keeps trucking along.
Yep..does not stop for anything....I did notice his name up on the Currently Active Users board the other day...Freaked me out.... then figured it was his wife or somebody that knew his password.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Sad start to the day. Got a facebook notification that it's Andy's birthday today. First time I've had such a notification on Facebook regarding a deceased friend.

Anyways, hope his wife is doing well and the Big Man is celebrating with some brews in the powder fields above.