• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Annoying Lift Line Behavior

Smellytele

Surprised there as many smokers on here as there is. I do not know anyone who smokes anymore except for the gray wrinkled people out in the smoking area at work.

wtcobb

People who bring the chair restraint crashing down as soon as you're off the ground without checking if anyone is ready for it... getting smacked in the head with a bar is no fun.

MadMadWorld

People who bring the chair restraint crashing down as soon as you're off the ground without checking if anyone is ready for it... getting smacked in the head with a bar is no fun.

God I hate this. Especially when they drop it before everyone has even sat down all the way.

wtcobb

God I hate this. Especially when they drop it before everyone has even sat down all the way.

Absolutely. You get your skis stuck under the foot rest, poles are all a mess... unless there's a kid onboard or a tornado I don't feel the need for the bar anyways.

Bene288

I've been given minor concussions from people doing that. Not everyone wears a helmet.

AdironRider

Ive noticed Euroland peeps are notorious for this.

For as free as they keep things (backcountry regs, etc) they sure have a penchant for the false sense of security a bar provides.

skiNEwhere

I know it's a law in VT to put down the safety bar, what is the penalty if you don't? Can you get your lift ticket taken away, or even get a fine, since it is an actual state law?

AdironRider

I know it's a law in VT to put down the safety bar, what is the penalty if you don't? Can you get your lift ticket taken away, or even get a fine, since it is an actual state law?

I think its enforced like those other odd laws you hear. Like no parking your alligator on the street in Alabama, etc.

So yeah, not enforced.

Riverskier

As for smoking:

In the lift line or on the chairlift without asking other riders= not ok.

Smoking on a chairlift when riding solo or with others that don't mind= perfectly fine. If you don't like the smell, HTFU and deal with it. Catching a whiff of second hand smoke from 50 feet away isn't going to hurt anybody. I could go on all day about other smells/actions of others that annoy me, but that is life.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I have quit, but get over yourself. That person is at least 50 feet away from you. I always asked if someone charged the line through singles or whatever, but multiple chair away, thats just life and you need to move on.

Yeah but the chairs are moving ... :lol: you cover 50' in what, five seconds maybe?

Although I do agree that some people act hypersensitive to smoke.... like the slightest scent of a cigarette and they think their lungs will explode.

dlo55

I hate when people can't get on the lift, and the Chair has to stop. Some places the line is long enough, we don't need to make it go even slower!

Cornhead

I hate when people can't get on the lift, and the Chair has to stop. Some places the line is long enough, we don't need to make it go even slower!
Sounds like somone I know....Nick. :grin:

I will not bring dirt weed to the hill with respect to those on the chair behind me. If they have to catch a wiff of my smoke, I want it to be primo. I used to smoke cigarettes, I now chew, I do my best not to spit on skiers/boarders below, but shit happens.:wink:

Cheese

It happens, but why don't they lose their turn and go to the end of the line?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
As for smoking:

In the lift line or on the chairlift without asking other riders= not ok.

Smoking on a chairlift when riding solo or with others that don't mind= perfectly fine. If you don't like the smell, HTFU and deal with it. Catching a whiff of second hand smoke from 50 feet away isn't going to hurt anybody. I could go on all day about other smells/actions of others that annoy me, but that is life.
This isn't a thread about things that hurt you, this is a thread about things that annoy you. You might as well says HTFU in response to every single petty complaint issued in this thread? Got a problem with people bitching? Maybe you need to HTFU.

:lol:

Cheese

But the one thing that gets me is people who get in the line, block the way, and never advance. I'm behind them wanting to ski, I'm not sure what they are doing, and I can't get to the lift. And crime of all crimes, there are empty chairs heading up the hill without me in them!!!

Ah yes, they ski into the line to wait for all their party to show up. Couldn't wait outside the line where they're not blocking everyone. I'm with ya on this one!