• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Another Feb thaw freeze

cdskier

Report has changed for n vt..looks like snow...

When? On what model? GFS, new GFS, Canadian, NAM, etc are all showing rain extending well up into Canada for Thursday night/Friday before the front pushes through.

The one "helpful" thing for Northern VT at least is that it doesn't seem like there is a lot of moisture for Thursday/Friday in general for their area. Heaviest amounts are either well north or well south.

Glenn

SoVT will get some freezing rain and sleet tonight. Not ideal, but certainly not a snow melter. I'm a bit more concerned with Thursday into Friday.

tnt1234

tnt1234

Seeing snow in teh forecasts early next week. Couple of 3-5" mentions...would be nice....

BenedictGomez

Any website weather displays/predictions of precipitation of any form > 5 days out are near completely worthless.

kingslug

Looks like it wasn't too bad from what I read..anyone out there let us know.
And it looks like winter is returning..on schedule.

Last edited:

Glenn

I've found NWS to be fairly conservative in nature. The forecast discussions have the good info.

cdskier

Looks like it wasn't too bad from what I read..anyone out there let us know.
And it looks like winter is returning..on schedule.

MRG is reporting a 1/4" of ice...not sure if that should be considered "not too bad". I suppose it is better than a downpour, but certainly not good for skiing surfaces either until more actual snow falls.