• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any Whiteface skiers here

kingslug

Looks like they will open Friday..Wondering what they will open first. This could be my alternative to Stowe. Haven't been there in 20 years.

JimG.

Staff member
Looks like they will open Friday..Wondering what they will open first. This could be my alternative to Stowe. Haven't been there in 20 years.
On my SKI3.

Might consider going Friday, depends what they get open.

JimG.

Staff member
Gore also hoping to open on 12/4; if so that's where I'll be.

I think I read somewhere that the first week NY areas are open will be limited to NY season passholders only.

JimG.

Staff member
I can get a frequent skier card for whiteface for 119.
That would work. From the Whiteface site:

Anticipated Opening Day Friday, December 4th, 2020!​

We are looking forward to kicking off the winter season with you! Our snowmaking team has been hard at work, and our anticipated opening day for skiing and riding is Friday, December 4, 2020.
At this time, Friday – Sunday, December 4-6, 2020 access to the mountain will be for those who have a season pass or are using the first day free of their Frequent Skier Card. Availability of additional tickets including e-tickets and Frequent Skier Card reloads will be determined based upon conditions and availability of terrain next week.
These measures are in place for everyone’s health and safety — thank you for your patience and understanding.

kingslug

Bought the card and it is good for White, Gore and Belleayre. So it will be a NY ski season.
Jim if you go to Gore let me know. If they open Friday I can hit that and prolly stay Saturday if its worth it..get it while you can.

cdskier

Bought the card and it is good for White, Gore and Belleayre. So it will be a NY ski season.
Jim if you go to Gore let me know. If they open Friday I can hit that and prolly stay Saturday if its worth it..get it while you can.

Gore is great when they have most of their terrain open. Right now I'd feel like going there is a waste of all the potential with the limited terrain they'll have open.

kingslug

only been once and all I found at the time was 1 good run with huge moguls. But..I need to ski something. Hunter is out so its either WF or Gore. I can spend a day running the same run..its like going to the gym. Usualy its Lord at Stowe. I can rack up 40K vert in a day..good way to get in shape for the season.