• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone going out into the storm tomorrow?

kingslug

Drove in the rain until I hit Lake George area then ALL snow. Gore had at least 4 inches and it snowed all day. Except for some lines in the morning it was ski on all day..weird for a snow day on a Saturday but I"ll take it. Everything skied great.gore 1.jpggore 2.jpggore 3.jpggore 4.jpg

kingslug

Anyone know how Hunter did? More runs open today than Thursday,,was pouring rain as I drove past exit 20 on the Thruway.

drjeff

@Bromley we had about 3”, then 1/8” of ice, then 2” on the mountain, then drizzle, then back to snow for a dusting or 1/2”. Sort of like they made 2-3” of man made snow everywhere. Skied ok and will groom up nicely and provide a nice resurfacing and base builder for natural terrain. We just need the pattern to kick in with frequent refreshes.

About the same smorgasbord of precip at Mount Snow today.

The untouched stuff up high started to set up late morning and you had to be really committed to your turns if the surface wasn't already cut up a bit.

Where it didn't set up, it skied like hero cream cheese snow.

Groom it out, and on to the next snow event.

A couple more light to moderate events (say 2-6") and lots of terrain is going to come back into play