• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone know of good trips for MLK day? Any deals?

hammer

I know it will be crowded but which day of the long weekend would be the least crowded? I normally avoid going but I can't go the weekends before and after due to family obligations...

On top of it the passes I have to use are for Loon and Sunapee. :roll:

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Small hills like Berkshire E, Magic, Platty, Bolton will not be to crowded you can check liftopia.com and potterbrothers for discount tickets.

Hawkshot99

Typically sunday of MLK weekend is the busiest day of the year for ski resorts. I would say Monday is the least crowded of the 3 as people go back to work on tuesday.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Cheese

Is MLK really the busiest weekend of the year? I didn't know that.

I've not found it to be true. Probably because rumors of it being crazy crowded actually keep the crowds more normal. It's a busier than normal Monday though. In my experience, the weekend after a snow storm in Boston is the worst. If it snows in Boston the week before MLK, all bets are off.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Is MLK really the busiest weekend of the year? I didn't know that.
I don't think it is. Heck, Jay Peak and Middlebury don't even black it out. Presidents weekend is far worse in my experience and the areas I visit. But a lot depends on recent snowfall as we saw a Christmas holiday that set records. All things being equal, Presidents weekends (especially the first) are the worst.

For deals, look at mid-sized areas with cheaper prices. Dartmouth Skiway, Black Mountain NH, Black Mountain ME, Middlebury Snowbowl, etc. Also look north of the boarder, Owl's Head is cheap and you won't get the holiday crowds at other Township areas like Sutton, Orford, and Bromont.

mlkrgr

The only deals I see for MLK weekend are the buses if you want to stay with the more well-known resorts. You'll still pay $75/80 for the bus ride and lift ticket, which is generally the same price they charge for early and late season and any other day. You can still go to Stowe w/ BSSC for $77 including transit ($5 higher for nonmembers and then another $4-6 for parking) which is a good deal or to Sunday River or Loon for around $75 if you book at least a few days ahead with Nacski. For ski and stay, best on my radar is $199/pp for Sunday River's Jordan hotel 2 days/1 night through a travel agency in my area called Riteway. This price includes transportation too. Otherwise, I agree MLK weekend isn't a bad time to explore the lesser known places.

mlkrgr

Also, if you have vouchers for Waterville from Simon Mall, you can use them on the 21st, but not the 19th or 20th.