• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Challenge 2009: Chris Nyberg, Killington/Pico

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkiDork

This thread now reads like the Kzone of two years ago...lol

Thats a good one. And there was a time (still may be the case) that K mgmt actually was trying to blame KZone for all their problems. Believe it or not.

"if you guys would just shut up and have patience, none of these perceived problem would have ever occurred" etc etc.

JerseyJoey

This thread now reads like the Kzone of two years ago...lol

fwiw...I too enjoy what Killington (and the general area) has to offer, but I'm voting with my wallet this year.

You see this Chris? Do you? This is your core customer base. They are going elsewhere as they have been ever since you got to town. Nobody trusts you, including your ex-core customer base, the town, the businesses in town, the property owners and pretty much anyone else who's watched what you've done in the past 2 years.

You have the power to change things and make it all right again. You won't use that power, but you do have it. Be a man. Admit your mistakes and fix them. You can return Killington to what she once was. You'd be making money hand over foot as opposed to having to give away deals at season's end to get people to come back to K. The path is clear. Why don't you take it?

mondeo

FlyingPigs.bmp

thetrailboss

Staff member
OK, let's keep this thread focused on questions for the Challenge. It seems to have gotten offtrack.

tcharron

OK, let's keep this thread focused on questions for the Challenge. It seems to have gotten offtrack.

*nod* Totally agreed, just closed all my reply windows. I just wouldn't want Killington to say, next year, "We're not going to participate". Which of course, leads to, "See! They're not listening to their core!'.

2knees

considering the fact that its essentially 4 or 5 posters who make up about 80% of this thread, i dont think anyone at killington is gonna get too worked up about what is said in here.

besides, how many times can you regurgitate the same questions and complaints, valid though they may be.

Then for christs sake stop giving them free press talking about how bad they're screwing it up. Just send your dollars someplace else.

People, you have to really get a grasp on this.

Killington will NEVER be the old Killington. You're comparing it to a legend in your own minds. It's dead, just let it go, and go someplace else, and drop it.

times 2..Jersey Joeys rants are getting annoying..:argue:

WTF are you talking about? They have no core customer base anymore. Who is their core? Huh? Who? It used to be me. It's not anymore. It's nobody. There is no core.

You know as little about Killington as Nyberg does. Some people can't just get up and make another ski area their new home. Some of us are tied to Killington. We tied ourselves to Killington for a number of reasons. Nyberg has taken those reasons away.

It would appear that you're the one who's singing Kumbaya on Nyberg's behalf. It's obvious that you know little about this part of Vermont, so listen and learn. When a ski area goes from nothing but superlatives to nothing less than a bitchfest towards its new owners, someone has F'ed up. Care to guess who that someone is? Listen and learn.

People like you are what gives Killington a bad name..

deadheadskier

Staff member
Alrighty

230 replies should be plenty to draw 10 questions from.

And for those of you who might be offended at closing this thread. Don't worry, you're point has been made, probably ten times even. I'm sure another epic Killington thread will appear within a short while, perhaps even today.

Status
Not open for further replies.