• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best Trail Pod?

skiNEwhere

I think a key factor is that they can't be the same amount of vert as the Mtn. An exception to this is Sunday River since that mtn's layout is side by side pods that don't stack upon each other

steamboat1

Valley House double at Sugarbush. It has everything, steeps (Steins), glades (Egans Woods), bumps (The Mall), classic cut old style New England trails (Twist, Moonshine), wide open intermediate groomers (Snowball, Spring Fling). The only thing lacking is beginner terrain. You may say that the Super Bravo chair accesses the same terrain & more but the Super Bravo is often on wind hold meanwhile they can still run Valley House. It's also a good lift for escaping weekend crowds while still accessing excellent terrain.

MadMadWorld

Valley House double at Sugarbush. It has everything, steeps (Steins), glades (Egans Woods), bumps (The Mall), classic cut old style New England trails (Twist, Moonshine), wide open intermediate groomers (Snowball, Spring Fling). The only thing lacking is beginner terrain. You may say that the Super Bravo chair accesses the same terrain & more but the Super Bravo is often on wind hold meanwhile they can still run Valley House. It's also a good lift for escaping weekend crowds while still accessing excellent terrain.

I always enjoyed that chair in the spring. Great bumps and awesome cruisers!

darent

Honeycomb Canyon @ Solitude on a powder day (Does that count as a pod?)

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
they are putting in a new lift to that summit so you can drop into Honeycomb. won't have to take that slow double.

darent

I like the Pony Express lift at Steamboat. great natural snow pod, I like hiking to the top of MT Werner and skiing down East Face or North ST Pats to the top Of Pony Express Pod and ski it all morning on a snowy day.

HD333

Not the best Pod in the world but Jackson Gore Express at Okemo is the best pod there. Some nice terrain off that lift, Rolling Thunder, Supernova, White Lightning, Black Hole.

Talisman

Any here skied/ridden the "pod" off of the challenger double at Big Sky? Chutes, bowls, trees, powder bumps and if that isn't enough hiking to gnarlier lines off of the ridge.

steamboat1

Any here skied/ridden the "pod" off of the challenger double at Big Sky? Chutes, bowls, trees, powder bumps and if that isn't enough hiking to gnarlier lines off of the ridge.
Excellent terrain off that chair. Big Sky is my favorite out of all the areas I've visited & now with Moonlight it's even better.

skiNEwhere

I always thought snowshed had the greatest terrain. Most people think it is just green terrain, but there are tons of stashes and steeps to be found if you know where to look

xwhaler

I have only been to sugargush early and late season, so I haven't skied castlerock. It's going to be a priority for me to hit sugarbush at 100% this year.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

You will love it....catch it on a powder day and WOW!

4aprice

Won't ski it after what the K butchers did to Big Dipper

I sympathize with your traditional view, but last spring (April) the bowl and Canyon Chair became a savior as my last weekend there the base at K-1 became an ocean. Really enjoyed it that day and Double Dipper is always a lot of fun.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Madroch

Won't ski it after what the K butchers did to Big Dipper

I feel that way about what mount snow did to the NF when they put in the challenger chair, cut freefall and extended plummet... Ruined challenger, PDF and jaws...