• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bolton valley

Getskied

Ha! Told my wife next time we go to BV, I'm getting crampons for our boots. Love listening to all the sedans bottoming out on the ruts making that left into the parking lot near the ice luge path.
I love quirky ski areas even more than the next person but trying to handle the lot-to-ski experience solo with a young child became intolerable after a whole. This was after we both fell walking down the official footpath one March day where running water and mud hid the severe ice below. Returned to the car wet and muddy and glad nobody had gotten hurt. That was sorta the final straw in terms of my family pass ownership there, especially when I got no reply to a legitimately kindly worded email on various challenges I’d encountered. I’ll still show up to ski the bc but no interest in the alpine ski area for myself or my kids.

urungus

Ha! Told my wife next time we go to BV, I'm getting crampons for our boots. Love listening to all the sedans bottoming out on the ruts making that left into the parking lot near the ice luge path.
Yes that left turn is awful, is there a worse, more rutted-out parking lot in the northeast ? Can’t think of one.

BodeMiller1

I love quirky ski areas even more than the next person but trying to handle the lot-to-ski experience solo with a young child became intolerable after a whole. This was after we both fell walking down the official footpath one March day where running water and mud hid the severe ice below. Returned to the car wet and muddy and glad nobody had gotten hurt. That was sorta the final straw in terms of my family pass ownership there, especially when I got no reply to a legitimately kindly worded email on various challenges I’d encountered. I’ll still show up to ski the bc but no interest in the alpine ski area for myself or my kids.
One cool thing about Killington is how they operate the resort. Even the way they plow the snow in the big parking lots. Huge wood fireplaces and heated sidewalks around buildings. Using the cold outside to keep food cold. How they power K1 (never understand that). Always fun to see what they're up to.