• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bond Brook - 9/16

BackLoafRiver

Got out today for a quick RAW at 3:00. Bond Brook is a new trail system some local guys are cutting. There is a massive expanse of land up by the Augusta Airport. The city approved their proposal to do a multi-use area including a lot of single track and some winter sports stuff as well.

This is my third trip out there. The first one was a solo ride and got pretty turned around. Second was with a friend and we got pretty lost. Again, no real trail map exists. Today was solo.

The Trails still aren't labeled but they sure do ride super well. I borrowed the girlfriends GPS and got a few stats. Did 4 miles in 55 minutes which seems like not enough distance covered.

I did most of the stuff they had so far. Will have to post a few pictures when I get back from my trip to VA. Great afternoon of riding. Wish I could have stayed out for another hour or so to really dig into a few of the tougher loops.

For the first time, I saw someone else on the trail. It is obvious they get used but never at the same time I am out. Nice guy. Was riding a pretty old Raleigh and somehow he got covered in mud. (which is strange because all the trails are bone dry)

Anyway, great ride in AWESOME weather. It's nice to see a group of people promoting the sport in town. Now if I can just meet up with them for a group ride.

powpig2002

cenemba

contact cenemba, they do all the trail work and organize rides. always lookin 4 members. i'm in the process of moving, but i'll b joining soon as i get a new address

WoodCore

contact cenemba, they do all the trail work and organize rides. always lookin 4 members. i'm in the process of moving, but i'll b joining soon as i get a new address

Welcome to AZ powpig2002!! :beer:

BackLoafRiver

Welcome to the forums guy!

I have been lurking around the cemenemba website for a while and keep forgetting to bring my wallet in with me to set up membership. They have a facebook page that I post on pretty regularly.

Are you moving to or from Augusta? If you are in the area, we should get together for a ride or two. I'm not the fastest thing out there but I love to get out for the afternoon.

BackLoafRiver

Some Pics

A few pics from my ride:

This is a hunters tree stand. It is apparently still active:
DSCN3445.jpg

Part of the singletrack:
DSCN3447.jpg

DSCN3448.jpg

A cool rock toward the end of the climb:
DSCN3450.jpg

Last edited:

powpig2002

what's up? right now living in readfield. closing on a new place in augusta 9/30. 2 min. ride to bond brook trailhead.you said your not fast. well, i ride at what i refer to as a very casual pace.i had a heart attack in april and another 2 wks ago yesterday while riding. i'm riding today at the hallowell rez. fireroads and wicked buff singletrack. ever rode it? let's hookup sometime u want an easy ride.

BackLoafRiver

Glad to hear you are alright, man! Congrats on the new place. I love Readfield. It's so pretty out there. I used to work at Camp Winnebago for a number of years. (before I lived in Augusta)

Funny you metion the Hallowell Rez. Last night while riding at Bond Brook I bumped into Brian Alexander, Preseident of CeMeNemba. Really nice guy. Said they organize a group ride over there quite a bit. He mentioned that they take care of those trails as well as the Bond Brook stuff.

I am working until 9 p.m. tonight but am gonna hit it up tomorrow from 2 - 4ish. I need to get back to school for 5, which is probably too early for you.

What is the riding there like? Is it pretty well maintained? How's the singletrack?

powpig2002

really good ride at hollowell today. i like the rez more than bond brook. i feel there is a better flow. but they are both the nuts. the gate was closed today, but the park is open. to find the trail,from the access rd watch to the left for a rd blocked by a sand pile. follow for 100 +/- yds watch for a trail going up a small hill on the right. at the top you'll find the trailhead.explore. i'm off fri. if your interested in riding

WoodCore

A few pics from my ride:

This is a hunters tree stand. It is apparently still active:
DSCN3445.jpg

Part of the singletrack:
DSCN3447.jpg

DSCN3448.jpg

A cool rock toward the end of the climb:
DSCN3450.jpg

Wow, some nice looking trails for sure!!!

BackLoafRiver

Thanks man. I am never sure exactly what to post up. Since I ride alone 99.99 % of the time, I never get any action shots. I figure just some landscape stuff will do. Unfortunately, the pictures don't really do it much justice. There is a great turn coming down one of the first descents that I was going to post but I couldn't make it look as cool as it is. Just looked kinda lame.