• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

boston ski show

darent

I haven't been in a few years so was interested to see if it had changed any; I thought that the ski market sale was better than what they had today. Line had some really good pricing on their skis - celeberty 90 at $390.00 and the flite 90 at the same price. Marker had a ton of bindings, dukes and griffons at good prices. All the eastern ski areas were represented and they were pretty free with 2 fers and discount lift deals. Burke mountain had a show special,3 day lift for $99.00.Sunday River had show deals for stays and seemed quite busy. Our friends at sugarloaf had some good show deals and were busy too'..Had a great chat with the rep from Banff, gave me some good pointers so I will give them a call and get a quote for a stay, on my "bucket" ski list.

Magog Fishy

Burke mountain had a show special,3 day lift for $99.00.

Cool, I had been wondering if they were going to run this special again (they ran it last year). Do you/anyone know if it has any blackout dates? I'm planning to go to the ski show this weekend, and if no blackout dates will pick-up a 3-pack and possibly a 6-pack.

jmorrison518

Just got back from the show with the family. I can tell you this... If you are looking to get SWAG, bring a couple of kids. My daughters SCORED with all sorts of stickers, hats, gloves, shirts, etc. At first we were trying to keep them in check, but eventually we just let them loose and they had a ball. (Note to self: DO NOT let them split a Monster Energy drink ever again)

Also ended up scoring free tickets on the way in from a couple that bought the LivingSocial deal, and had their friends bail on them. Liftopia was NOT stingy with the $10 gift cards either. The guy gave my wife a stack of them. Didn't buy any gear, but did see some good deals mainly on last years stuff.

Smellytele

Just got back myself. Haven't gone through the kids bags yet. Killington had some scratch tickets that some I knew one a season pass on. I got skunked and only got some useless to me 2fer's good until 12/18. got a bunch of the liftopia $10 of cards. got a Cannon Shirt wife got a pair of fleece gloves from Subaru. $39 coupons for Bolton. Gore had some 2fer's. I didn't score much else. Talked to the Magic guys and some of the other ski area people. Wasn't interested in any equipment this time around. Didn't think they were as free with the free ticket/2 fer's as in previous years. We had fun though.

TheArchitect

My son and I went yesterday, my first show in 20 years and his first ever. He had a lot of fun and we got lots of stickers and posters. I was disappointed in the clothing they had for sale but I did get a pair of Smith I/O goggles for myself and a Smith helmet for him, both for 20% off so overall I'm happy.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Spent six hours pressing the flesh. The beta I got was far more valuable than any swag that was there.

Did you know Okemo just bought two new groomers equipped with sonar? The measure snow depth. It will be interesting how they use the information this year.

It's interesting the planning Stowe did prior to RFID deployment. First, any any smart group would, they sent spies all over the country to see what worked and what didn't. Stowe plans to have a diversionary method to prevent no-ops from getting to the gate and holding up things. The guy explained it to me twice and I still didn't get it. Now I'm sure my thick skull had something to do with it.

Last bit, and I have to go.
Did you know that Banff-Lake Louise-Sunshine's high season is the summer? Did you know lodging rates are the lowest mid winter? Lifts are turning there now. Hmmm.

darent

Spent six hours pressing the flesh. The beta I got was far more valuable than any swag that was there.

Did you know Okemo just bought two new groomers equipped with sonar? The measure snow depth. It will be interesting how they use the information this year.

It's interesting the planning Stowe did prior to RFID deployment. First, any any smart group would, they sent spies all over the country to see what worked and what didn't. Stowe plans to have a diversionary method to prevent no-ops from getting to the gate and holding up things. The guy explained it to me twice and I still didn't get it. Now I'm sure my thick skull had something to do with it.

Last bit, and I have to go.
Did you know that Banff-Lake Louise-Sunshine's high season is the summer? Did you know lodging rates are the lowest mid winter? Lifts are turning there now. Hmmm.

I talked to their rep and he told me the same thing, ski season is low season and the rates are low, I gave a quick look and priced a trip on line and their rates seemed to be about the same as US rates that I received from steamboat. I am making a call today to price the same trip we make to steamboat, I will let you know

Smellytele

Speaking to the Ragged rep at the show he told me that next summer they are planning on replace the Spear Mountain triple with either a quad or even another 6 pack. He mentioned that there wasn't much a difference in price. I should have asked if it was hinging on the EB-5 monies.

RISkier

I talked to their rep and he told me the same thing, ski season is low season and the rates are low, I gave a quick look and priced a trip on line and their rates seemed to be about the same as US rates that I received from steamboat. I am making a call today to price the same trip we make to steamboat, I will let you know

Looked at Banff pretty closely last year. I did know winter was low season, BTW. We found decent deals on lodging and lift tickets but we couldn't find anything reasonable with respect to airfares. Only searched Providence and Boston. As an aside, my wife's uncle has traveled quite extensively, he told us that Banff was the prettiest place he'd ever been. Certainly a place I'd really like to visit at some point.

darent

Looked at Banff pretty closely last year. I did know winter was low season, BTW. We found decent deals on lodging and lift tickets but we couldn't find anything reasonable with respect to airfares. Only searched Providence and Boston. As an aside, my wife's uncle has traveled quite extensively, he told us that Banff was the prettiest place he'd ever been. Certainly a place I'd really like to visit at some point.

so far that is what I am finding. airfares are expensive, L&L seem very reasonable