• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bretton Woods this weekend

Vaughn

Thinking about going to NH Sunday with a intermediate skier. I like Cannon but we've been there a few times. I am thinking Bretton Woods would be a fun mountain for them but is it going to be crazy crowded as a ski and stay place? Never been on a holiday weekend...

Edd

Unless the forecast scares people away, count on significant crowds. Great hill for intermediates though.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Vaughn

I think the crowds are going to be absolutely terrible everywhere honestly. 2-5" forecast in Boston and 30˚+ weather forecast for Sunday mean everyone who's been frustrated with the season to date is going to be heading north.

I mean, I am one of those people myself so I get it. Will probably hit Cannon and hope Loon, BW and WV suck up a lot of overnighters.

caribchakita

Website
www.bonairecaribbean.com
Get first tracks Sunday AM and you will be happy. I will be at the lifts Sunday at Gunstock and will be happy with whatever I get. We use the single lines and deal with whatever. If it gets really bad, will leave and find fun elsewhere. My guess is, the lakes region of NH is the best pick for the upcoming snow; Crotched (which I love and can you imagine Midnight Madness with the snow?), Pats Peak (cute beginner mountain, old school) Sunapee (park early at 7 AM and set up a camp at The Beach /BBQ, chairs and )...Gunstock and my fav, Ragged.