• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon 3/19 or 3/20

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Maybe on the 20th for me. I have a ton of vouchers to use but Cannon on killer powder day can't be beat, vouchers and potentially eating one be damned. I'm concerned that not enough snow will have fallen by the morning of the 19th to fully cover everything up. But I haven't skied there recently, especially since the thaw. What say those that skied Cannon this past weekend? How much does Cannon need to be 100% on/off the map? My threshold is pretty low for that type of thing ;) but I am assuming things are pretty dire right now before the storm. How much is needed to fill er' up?

Cannonball

Maybe on the 20th for me. I have a ton of vouchers to use but Cannon on killer powder day can't be beat, vouchers and potentially eating one be damned. I'm concerned that not enough snow will have fallen by the morning of the 19th to fully cover everything up. But I haven't skied there recently, especially since the thaw. What say those that skied Cannon this past weekend? How much does Cannon need to be 100% on/off the map? My threshold is pretty low for that type of thing ;) but I am assuming things are pretty dire right now before the storm. How much is needed to fill er' up?

The rain/thaw last week significantly cut into the base. But it also completely solidified it. 12" would put pretty much everything on or off map back in play. Even 6-8" would make all on map, and most off map trees doable. The only suspect spots will be places where water had been running (Kinsman River bed).

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Sounds about right. Cannon ain't going to have 12" by opening bell tomorrow so I may save it for Wednesday... I'll let the twofer traffic pack down the snow and hit it after Tues night fills it in.

Distraught to hear that the riverbeds were running last weekend. Going to have to take that into consideration for where I might go...

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Not liking the setup for VT tomorrow. Looks like the snow won't kick into gear for VT until late in the day tomorrow. That east wind seems like a total wind card. Might make a game time decision tomorrow morning, Cannon seems probable. Also have a voucher for Dartmouth. That would be a total no brainer for tomorrow but they barely have anything open and who knows if they'll get enough to open their better terrain.

ScottySkis

Not liking the setup for VT tomorrow. Looks like the snow won't kick into gear for VT until late in the day tomorrow. That east wind seems like a total wind card. Might make a game time decision tomorrow morning, Cannon seems probable. Also have a voucher for Dartmouth. That would be a total no brainer for tomorrow but they barely have anything open and who knows if they'll get enough to open their better terrain.

Hey I hear Platty is opening this week, mid week for powder days first time I years, come check her out maybe Tomorrow or Wednesday, or Thursday one person can tell you, Harvey.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Puck it

Call is tomorrow. Only 2" for Cannon right and the drive would be a bitch. I also need to dig out for the wife. So tomorrow it is. Riv let me know if you will be there.