• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

    You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Choices...

Bene288

New member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
1,026
Points
0
Location
Albany, NY
Jiminy Peak on Sunday. They're saying above freezing temps tonight with slight chance of rain tomorrow afternoon. Or Kmart Monday after rain. They're calling for above freezing temps Sunday night as well, but who knows what the higher areas would be. Could spell death cookies if it freezes or soft snow if it doesn't? Normally I would just blow off the crappy weather but I'm anxious to try my adjusted boots. What would you guys/gals do?
 

bdfreetuna

New member
Joined
Jan 12, 2012
Messages
4,300
Points
0
Location
keep the faith
What I would do, and what I am somewhat considering.. is Jiminy Peak tomorrow. $39 lift tickets I believe.

I checked the hourly forcast and it supposedly won't start raining at Jiminy until the lifts close. Snow should be warmed up all day before then.

If I had the choice I'd try to get it in before the rain either way and then wait until next weekend (which will probably be slush frozen over) to venture out again.

If you go tomorrow get an early start so you're satisfied with how much you got to ski in case the rain comes earlier than expected.
 

Abubob

Active member
Joined
Apr 9, 2010
Messages
2,999
Points
36
Location
Alexandria, NH
Its a gamble for skiing in the rain tomorrow afternoon at Jiminy. Also they're calling for freezing drizzle tonight so driving tomorrow morning will be dicey. Be careful. The forecast for Monday is sunny and highs in the 40s at Killy.

So OBVIOUSLY ski both.
 

ScottySkis

Active member
Joined
Jan 16, 2011
Messages
11,996
Points
38
Location
Middletown NY
Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

I decided for me it is not.worth the cost for skiing on limited trails in light rain.
 

Bene288

New member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
1,026
Points
0
Location
Albany, NY
Thanks for the input. You guys always help with making a tough decision. I was kind of leaning toward BDfreetuna's idea so we're going to try to hit Jiminy tomorrow and see how she goes. Abubob, we may go to Kmart on Monday as well. Have some Bogos to use up. I think they're only good til the 15th and I'm going to be pretty busy until the holidays.

I typically wait for good conditions, but I just can't wait any longer. Got some new orthotics and a fresh coat of wax, I'm ready to go! It sucks you're not too local to a mountain, Scotty. While Jiminy isn't the best hill, I'm lucky it's only 35 minutes away.
 
Top