• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Colorado Bound

dlague

We have been considering a move to Colorado for quite some time. While I did not work at full steam ahead, I was sprinkling resumes across the front range when ever the most interesting opportunities presented themselves. As a result, I got a call from one company before our trip out there and arranged an interview on one of the days forgoing a day of skiing. Well it panned out. One interview, one job that includes relocation expenses - that is eficiency. So in about 3 weeks we will be packed up, and getting our stuff shipped out while we make the drive out. My ski days might take a bit if a hit. BTW I have a Sunday River Sun-Fri BOGO if some one wants it and possibly others.

The one thing I will miss is the family of skiers from AZ that we run into almost any where we go in New England, but I hope that some of you will venture out to CO and we can share some runs there or in Utah or elsewhere. We will probably make the AZ Summit trip still - at least my wife would like to. I have already met BushMoglMaster at Cooper and skiNEwhere is out there and probably a few others so looking forward to meeting them again and others.

For those of you that I have met, skied with or even shot the shit over a beer with, thank you and hopefully we can see you in CO, at the AZ Summit or even at one of the Northeastern hills on some of those mid Winter visits.

A few of the AZoners I have met and I know I have missed a few (sorry) are:

Puck it (not sure where the hell he went)
JDRoma
Cannonball
xwhaler
fcksummer
Nick
deadheadskier
mishka
CornHead
Scotty
bvibert
JimG
Savemeasammy
frapcap

do not remember the screen names but skied with at the AZ Summit
Ray
Mike

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
We have been considering a move to Colorado for quite some time. While I did not work at full steam ahead, I was sprinkling resumes across the front range when ever the most interesting opportunities presented themselves. As a result, I got a call from one company before our trip out there and arranged an interview on one of the days forgoing a day of skiing. Well it panned out. One interview, one job that includes relocation expenses - that is eficiency. So in about 3 weeks we will be packed up, and getting our stuff shipped out while we make the drive out. My ski days might take a bit if a hit. BTW I have a Sunday River Sun-Fri BOGO if some one wants it and possibly others.

The one thing I will miss is the family of skiers from AZ that we run into almost any where we go in New England, but I hope that some of you will venture out to CO and we can share some runs there or in Utah or elsewhere. We will probably make the AZ Summit trip still - at least my wife would like to. I have already met BushMoglMaster at Cooper and skiNEwhere is out there and probably a few others so looking forward to meeting them again and others.

For those of you that I have met, skied with or even shot the shit over a beer with, thank you and hopefully we can see you in CO, at the AZ Summit or even at one of the Northeastern hills on some of those mid Winter visits.

A few of the AZoners I have met and I know I have missed a few (sorry) are:

Puck it (not sure where the hell he went)
JDRoma
Cannonball
xwhaler
fcksummer
Nick
deadheadskier
mishka
CornHead
Scotty
bvibert
JimG
Savemeasammy
frapcap

do not remember the screen names but skied with at the AZ Summit
Ray
Mike

That sucks to hear you're not going to be around anymore but that's fcking awesome news for you! Where in CO are you moving?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nice! Best of luck to you and your family! And you picked a good year. Bet A-Basin goes deep into Spring this year.

Have you settled on a town or specific area you will be settling? I'm assuming near Denver?

ironhippy

That's great! Congrats!

I wish I lived near those big mountains, but I am really glad I don't have to deal with the I70 on weekends.

Smellytele

That's great! Congrats!

I wish I lived near those big mountains, but I am really glad I don't have to deal with the I70 on weekends.

Got stuck for an hour and a half heading up Vail pass on Monday heading back from Vail to Dillon. Some idiot was towing a boat and must of fishtailed coming down the east side. Boat was still on the side of the road sideways when we got through.

xwhaler

Dave,
Awesome news! Wish you all the best. Very exciting times!
Good luck with the move and enjoy the trip across country :)

JDMRoma

Wow ! Good luck Dave and Wendy !
Your living the dream !
Make sure you buy a house with extra bedrooms 😎

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

4aprice

Ah best of luck. The wife and I are on that 5-7 year plan to move to the inter mountain west as well. Son is heading to Denver in the fall (and he isn't coming back to the east coast ) so We will be splitting our time out there between Co and the family place in Utah. We will remain on the east coast for the time being as we both have older parents still alive who need care. The biggest question becomes what does the daughter do as we will strive to plant 1 foot near her and the other near the boy.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Savemeasammy

Congrats, Dave! You only live once. Make the most of it!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

VTKilarney

Bravo! After this year I am sure that move will seem like a breath of fresh air.

Cornhead

Congrats Dave, I'll have to get ahold of you when I come out.