• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

COVID concerns in the Northeast

Andrew B.

That's not Fauci's job. It's the President's job.

Fauci's priority was not to get fired by the president, like everyone else in the administration. Expecting him to speak frankly is asking too much.;)
When you come out and say we do not need even face coverings and cruises are safe that’s not the presidents fault no matter red or blue.

so his main job was to not get fired???? That makes him look even worse.

he fucked this up and helped created the large segment of the country that believes this whole thing is BS. Now people can’t believe that he gets questioned 😂

I don’t see how you can’t question him. 2 mask.......really what will he learn next..... let me guess....... 3 masks?
#clown

1dog

When you come out and say we do not need even face coverings and cruises are safe that’s not the presidents fault no matter red or blue.

he fucked this up and helped created the large segment of the country that believes this whole thing is BS. Now people can’t believe that he gets questioned 😂

I don’t see how you can’t question him. 2 mask.......really what will he learn next..... let me guess....... 3 masks?
#clown
Highest paid federal employee $425k+ and hasn’t practiced medicine since 1968.

the definition of swamp creature/deep state.

even Obama had to tell him to back off of Wuhan lab funding.

presidents /congress come and go but the deep state is permanent.

abc

Why do you think he's the only one who survived from Obama to Trump and actually outlast Trump?

Even Trump's own appointees gets fired or forced to resign when they don't say what he want to hear. Once he made up his mind one way, science or no science no longer matter.

The moment Fauci didn't say he support the president's plan of "pack the churches by Easter", he gets death threats! Getting fired would have been a better alternative

presidents /congress come and go but the deep state is permanent.
If by "deep state", you mean the agencies, how about changing all the generals and admirals with each change of congress???

abc

Friend from Australia forwarded me "shocking" news from Australia this morning, "Pandemic casualty: 5 businesses in Malborne closed permanently". ;)

I was like, yeah, 5 business closing is headline news. I went into the city to visit my Mom. Within the 2 block area of her apartment, there're more than 5 business closed permanently. City wide? I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than 500!

drjeff

Friend from Australia forwarded me "shocking" news from Australia this morning, "Pandemic casualty: 5 businesses in Malborne closed permanently". ;)

I was like, yeah, 5 business closing is headline news. I went into the city to visit my Mom. Within the 2 block area of her apartment, there're more than 5 business closed permanently. City wide? I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than 500!
I wouldn't be surprised at all, if say 5+ years from now, when we are looking back at what this last roughly yearish timeframe has been, that while the actual casualties from COVID will be the primary tragic item that people focus on, that the secondary effects from loss of business and all that psychological effects that surround that, to the effects on school aged kids, to the general psychological effects will be as significant, if not more, for many more people around the world than the death toll.

What that all will mean for society as a whole in how we view things, and those who we elect to lead us, remains to be seen

1dog

Why do you think he's the only one who survived from Obama to Trump and actually outlast Trump?

Even Trump's own appointees gets fired or forced to resign when they don't say what he want to hear. Once he made up his mind one way, science or no science no longer matter.

The moment Fauci didn't say he support the president's plan of "pack the churches by Easter", he gets death threats! Getting fired would have been a better alternative

If by "deep state", you mean the agencies, how about changing all the generals and admirals with each change of congress???
It happens via osmosis - many top generals left during the Obama years once they saw his apology tour take place and the ideals change regarding US military.

Nowhere near perfect, but we've saved countless countries from tyranny and oppression. Then we helped rebuild them and defended them for 75 years. Now, we're ( more than) broke and those countries were asked to take it on themselves. It's all going to change very, very fast. Globalists will ensure that.

Andrew B.

You do know he was originally brought in by Ronnie Raygun to blame AIDS on gay men?

being a political hack through 30 years you learn to blow in the wind

that is not the greatest compliment you can give someone who is supposed to be all about “the science”

abc

You do know he was originally brought in by Ronnie Raygun to blame AIDS on gay men?

being a political hack through 30 years you learn to blow in the wind

that is not the greatest compliment you can give someone who is supposed to be all about “the science”
It's a political position for a former scientist/doctor/whatever. Whether they like the "anti-compliment" or not, it's a job that requires some level of political savvy. That job has always been to bridge the gap for the politician who are not expected to learn all about the subject matter.

As long as the politician has no other agenda, the "bridge" can be impartial. But yeah, they fully expect to be used as justification when the politician has such needs. That's why some people don't want to be in that kind of position.

Last edited:

Andrew B.

It's a political position for a former scientist/doctor/whatever. Whether they like the "anti-compliment" or not, it's a job that requires some level of political savvy. THE Job has always been to bridge the gap for the politician who are not expected to learn all about the subject matter.
Still not inspiring much confidence in a guy who appears to be more than happy out there spreading his brand of “Science”.

I think I will stick with one mask

abc

He has not done any real science work in years.
I don't think it's compatible to do "real science" and still be an advisor to the president and/or head of whatever organization. The administration work precludes spending much time in "real science".

I've seen this when I was in research. The "figure heads" aren't doing the "real science". But typically they come from the same background as the scientist. So they're the one who can understand the science the "real scientists" do and relate to non-scientist. If you ever listen to many of the "real" scientists, you can't make sense out of what they say. Most don't want to talk to the non-scientist anyway.

It's an illusion any of government agency head are "real" of anything in the line of work the agency represents/oversees. On the other hand, the old saying is quite often true that "they may forgot more than you've ever know" in their (albeit former) field of expertise.

I won't bother with double mask either.

KustyTheKlown

I don't think it's compatible to do "real science" and still be an advisor to the president and/or head of whatever organization. The administration work precludes spending much time in "real science".

I've seen this when I was in research. The "figure heads" aren't doing the "real science". But typically they come from the same background as the scientist. So they're the one who can understand the science the "real scientists" do and relate to non-scientist. If you ever listen to many of the "real" scientists, you can't make sense out of what they say. Most don't want to talk to the non-scientist anyway.

It's an illusion any of government agency head are "real" of anything in the line of work the agency represents/oversees. On the other hand, the old saying is quite often true that "they may forgot more than you've ever know" in their (albeit former) field of expertise.

1613682893146.png

1613682914159.png

Andrew B.

So he is a career politician i get that

why do so many people (feels like you do) want to put so much weight in what he says when he clearly hasnt been consistent or only “about science?”

abc

why do so many people (feels like you do) want to put so much weight in what he says
Because what he said was still closer to the truth than the rest of the non-scientist, or worse, the crackpot "scientist" who aren't even related to the specialty they are in.

when he clearly hasnt been consistent or only “aTbout science?”
I don't take his word as gospel. In fact, I don't even pay that much attention to the "science" part of what he said. I can find my own source. I pay more attention to what he said may NOT happen, which is a whole lot more realistic than the President's wishful thinking! So no churches in Easter, no "back to normal" before summer...

He may not know everything, but he knows what is NOT true. That's sometimes far more important than what's true, which in this pandemic, nobody actually knows. Sometimes, it's what the "experts" NOT say that's more important than what they say. I knew all along his no-mask recommendation was hogwash. So is his 2-mask recommendation. And even the 1-mask recommendation, if you actually listen, it's not to protect the wearer, but to protect those around the wearer.

Bottom line, I don't put weight on his science. I read between the lines of his "politically correct" statements. When those are contradictory to the administration, I know we're getting into a much bigger mess than what the politicians care to admit.

But one last bit. People talk about "consistent". That's dead wrong! The virus change. So anyone who insist on being "consistent" will lose! It's like asking to be "consistent" about when the snow will fall from 1 week out to 1 day out. Most of the "consistent" forecasts are way off! Only the ones that updates constantly, aka "inconsistent" ones, are closer to "right".

icecoast1

You're assuming he can't get another equally cushy job with some fuzzy "think tank"! You really don't know what it's all about.
If you don't think Fauci is enjoying having the power and influence that he currently has, as well as being constantly fawned over by the media and the majority of the country, and that he'd be giving all of that up if he went to the private sector, then it's you that doesn't know what it's all about