• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

COVID concerns in the Northeast

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
ok dr tin foil hat

its too bad my parents are dentists, because ive never been as tempted to make some swipe about dentists not being real doctors.

In x number of months when the threat of this virus is essentially zero you'll see what he's talking about.

VT, NY, CA all gonna have draconian restrictions still in place while most other states are 95% back to normal. Calling it now.

KustyTheKlown

states have nothing to gain by crippling their economies and shrinking their tax revenue. It’s a dumb fucking conspiracy theory.

2Planker

ok dr tin foil hat

its too bad my parents are dentists, because ive never been as tempted to make some swipe about dentists not being real doctors.

ok dr tin foil hat

Remember SARS in 2009. Dentists were administering the Vacc., and may be doing so again for Covid.
Why not, if a Pharmacy Tech can do it....

drjeff

Remember SARS in 2009. Dentists were administering the Vacc., and may be doing so again for Covid.
Why not, if a Pharmacy Tech can do it....
Dentists WILL be administering the vaccine, the requests from various Departments of Health, have already been sent out.

Initially dentists, who volunteer and if their services are needed, will be administering vaccinations in a location such as a Federally Qualified Healthcenter or Hospital setting where initial vaccine distribution plans will be focused around.

Potentially as phase 2 or 3 of vaccinations of the general public happens, and if a more temperature stable, less time sensitive vaccine is approved, then vaccinations may eventually happen in the dental office.

MidnightJester

Its less the Conspiracy issue and more that Leaders mostly the Democrat's are saying no deaths is the only end point we care about. Unfortunetly that will destory many many peoples lives and Jobs. We have to come to accept now and I mean NOW that we will have 70,000 to 100,000 deaths a year from COVID-19 and its mutations. If we dont come to that relization we will never leave Lockdowns and Masks and all the crap that comes along with it.

We accept 50,000 cold deaths in a bad year.
We accept 80,000 FLU deaths in a bad year.
WE HAVE TO ACCEPT DEATHS FROM COVID. 80,000 or more should be accepted. To think otherwise you dont understand the reality that is here already.

Last edited:

2Planker

We SARS Vacc over 3,000 Pts in 2009.
They're saying possibly 5-10x that this time....

CNN, NECN, Ch 5, Fox25 all here filming the Vacc's being unloaded
Our (TMC) Frontliners get the Vacc tmrw

MGH, BMC & UMass Med Cntr on Weds

Last edited:

Puck it

Its less the Conspiracy issue and more that Leaders mostly the Democrat's are saying no deaths is the only end point we care about. Unfortunetly that will destory many many peoples lives and Jobs. We have to come to accept now and I mean NOW that we will have 70,000 to 100,000 deaths a year from COVID-19 and its mutations. If we dont come to that relization we will never leave Lockdowns and Masks and all the crap that comes along with it.

We accept 50,000 cold deaths in a bad year.
We accept 80,000 FLU deaths in a bad year.
WE HAVE TO ACCEPT DEATHS FROM COVID. 80,000 or more which 80% are over 65 and have comorbidities should be accepted To think otherwise you dont understand the reality that is here already.
Fixed it.

Puck it

Why stop there? How about those "handicapped, feeble minded, homosexuals, and Jews..."

Oops, sorry wrong thread. ;)
That is a fact from the CDC data on 12/2. I am not sure why you are saying the others.

EPB

Where did CDC say we need to accept those deaths and do nothing to reduce it?
This is a red herring, you idiot.

Congratulations - you're the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm out of here. Maybe, I'll come back after vaccines are widely distributed. Maybe not. The discourse on here has been at cesspool levels for a while, and I've officially lost hope that it will get better soon. It's not just you, and it's not just one side of the political fence. Both sides have their obvious merits and demerits. The debate here has become a contest to determine who can make the same arguments (whether they have merit or not) longer than the other guy, and I'm done.

2Planker

Why stop there? How about those "handicapped, feeble minded, homosexuals, and Jews..."

Oops, sorry wrong thread. ;)
Your "jokes" are extremely offensive to many here.

So GROW THE FUCK UP

Last edited:

abc

Your "jokes" are extremely offensive to many here.

So GROW THE FUCK UP
So it's ok to scarify a vast number of "near majority" with co-morbidity (45% of population over 50 have co-morbidity). But not ok to offend some powerful minority by drawing a parallel!

"Accept their death"! There's nothing more offensive than that!

It's those "powerful minority" who ignore the majority who will find out no one comes to their rescue when they're made to be the scapegoat.

GROW THE FUCK UP

Puck it

So it's ok to scarify a vast number of "near majority" with co-morbidity (45% of population over 50 have co-morbidity). But not ok to offend some powerful minority by drawing a parallel!

"Accept their death"! There's nothing more offensive than that!

It's those "powerful minority" who ignore the majority who will find out no one comes to their rescue when they're made to be the scapegoat.

GROW THE FUCK UP
What àbout all the heart disease, cancer deaths, auto accident deaths? Those were people too. There is an inherit risk to live your life. Oh snap, skier deaths too. No one is saying that the deaths are not bad. Any avertable death is a shame. Life is just one big actuarial table. You need to live it.

MidnightJester

I dont want to cause more grief to those that lost people in Horrible ways or those struggling with health issues but Accepting death is something that has been Lost over the last few decades due to the decreasing number that people see or hear about while death in most peoples lives has always been present.
Since it is usually only the Ugly deaths that appear in most News Stories the rest are there Hidden from View but people need to realize that before Covid there were already 8000 deaths a DAY in american. FLU, Cold, Car accident, Cancer, Murder, Overdose you name it.

And Society as a whole does accept 50,000+ deaths in american like a it never happened or did. Never even in bad FLU year have I hear anything but a blip about 70,000 deaths and that people should get vaccinated. Schools never closed neither did any location. Kids with sniffles go about their life. Parents do the best they can.

Remeber even with the FLU vaccines that we are running death tolls 50,000 plus a year. With Covid it will be the same or worse

Last edited: