• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

COVID concerns in the Northeast

2Planker

So VT wanted people to quarantine or attest to that if they wanted to ski. Well the fact that you are at a resort with lots of people, probably eating out, getting food, etc,, is kind of nullifying the quarantine thing especially if you are there for a week long vacation?
DUH - You're supposed to Qtine BEFORE you go to the "resort".

thetrailboss

Staff member

JimG.

Staff member
Whoa boy.....

That's just scary. Even if he didn't have a gun.

I don't want to ski with people like that.

ThatGuy

Long liftlines and people threatening your life, what an “epic” experience.

PAabe

Pennsylvania lifted official out of state travel restrictions March 1 if anybody cares, and Wolf is planning on relaxing official restaurant restrictions
Not that these were being enforced anyway but now it is official.

Former Sunday Rivah Rat

I think riding a chair alone verse riding a 4 with an unknown regardless of their mask status is safer. A six pack maybe but doubtful.
Why would you put yourself in the position of getting on a chair with an unknown and taking the chance they won’t behave as you want them too?

1dog

jimmywilson69

but what level of obesity. The BMI calculations basically has you at obese unless you are rail thin. A co worker of mine who is less over weight than me is getting the shot because per BMI he's "Obese" I defintely qualify as obese, but am in decent shape and in my opinion lower risk than many other people who are having a hard time getting a vaccine (i.e. older people, etc).

I think that is bullshit. to qualify for the obese category a Doctor should have to sign off on it. This kid is in his mid 30s and pretty active. highly doubt a doctor would sign off on him to take a shot from a higher risk person. There is no way I'm taking a shot away from someone who is much more high risk than I.

More evidence that this vaccine rollout is a mess...

1dog

but what level of obesity. The BMI calculations basically has you at obese unless you are rail thin. A co worker of mine who is less over weight than me is getting the shot because per BMI he's "Obese" I defintely qualify as obese, but am in decent shape and in my opinion lower risk than many other people who are having a hard time getting a vaccine (i.e. older people, etc).

I think that is bullshit. to qualify for the obese category a Doctor should have to sign off on it. This kid is in his mid 30s and pretty active. highly doubt a doctor would sign off on him to take a shot from a higher risk person. There is no way I'm taking a shot away from someone who is much more high risk than I.

More evidence that this vaccine rollout is a mess...
It's worse in MA - if you smoke and are obese - you get to cut the line. Here is the study that says 67% https://justthenews.com/politics-po...-having-one-worlds-worst-covid-19-rates-study

tumbler

Maybe it's time for VT to bring back the color coded county map showing which counties do not need to quarantine

Zand

Correct me if I'm wrong but MA and VT are the only two states in America with "mandatory" interstate travel restrictions for travelers from any other state. California does it by county so they don't count at the state level.

It makes sense for VT...its a small state, cases have been low there, and there are very few hospitals. On the other hand, the case and death rates in MA are among the worst in the country yet the state thinks it's safer to be out amongst each other here than being in a state with way less cases.

IMO, NY has always made the most sense through this whole thing. And it's scary as hell to think that.

jimmywilson69

Maybe it's time for VT to bring back the color coded county map showing which counties do not need to quarantine
So it could still show any counties with even a little bit of population between PA and ME are still Red? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JimG.

Staff member
Yeah good point. I was going on the way they've handled travel restrictions/reopenings but that is a huge black eye. MA also screwed that up big time early on, eg: Holyoke.
Not much of a fan of the NY travel restrictions either. Cuomo let anyone from a contiguous state (VT, MA, CT, NJ, PA) come and go pretty much as they pleased but did not get reciprocal agreements from those states. So a lot of people came into NY as they pleased but nobody from NY was afforded the same courtesy.