• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Day tickets going through the roof in Vermont

cdskier

I bought a single day Epic pass to use at Stowe this winter...$67 in September. Even right now you could still buy that for only $70. But if you wait and want to buy a window ticket...then yes, you'll pay. A LOT.

raisingarizona

I’m about done with this sport. I can see myself heading down to the Sonoran desert for winters in a few years.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well I never thought I would see Sugarbush more expensive than Stowe. Wow.

I'd say this is a real opportunity for the smaller independent areas (what is left of them).

Last edited:

cdskier

Well I never thought I would see Sugarbush more expensive than Stowe. Wow.

I'd say this is a real opportunity for the smaller independent areas (what is left of them).
Even MRG is up to $97 for a day at walk up rates...

KustyTheKlown

How many years has it been since any of you walked up to a window and bought an un-discounted day ticket?

for real. if you mosey up to a major ski resort the morning you plan to ski, you get what you deserve. plan a little in advance or patronize a reasonably priced indy. this isn't news nor is it new.

VTKilarney

It will be interesting to see what impact, if any, this has on the number of people entering the sport. I know that there are still feeder hills, but those people are not going to want to take the once-a-year trip to Vermont now.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
It will be interesting to see what impact, if any, this has on the number of people entering the sport. I know that there are still feeder hills, but those people are not going to want to take the once-a-year trip to Vermont now.

Very true. I've got several casual skier friends who do 5ish days a year. We can't all go to the big mountains anymore...it's nuts. Luckily I turned them onto the Indy pass so that's a godsend. But no more weeks renting a condo at a major resort *sigh*.