• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Day tickets going through the roof in Vermont

fbrissette

As others have said, these graphs are incredib;y misleading. How about this:
main-qimg-127ae79d4ce194ac724e34119790a599

fbrissette

China now leads the world in CO2 emissions. But you have to realize that China's emissions belong to the Western world in large parts. They pollute more because we (North-Americans, Europeans and others) are perfectly happy with the cheap goods made in China, with little consideration to the global impact on the environment .

1dog

China now leads the world in CO2 emissions. But you have to realize that China's emissions belong to the Western world in large parts. They pollute more because we (North-Americans, Europeans and others) are perfectly happy with the cheap goods made in China, with little consideration to the global impact on the environment .
Agree - opening up coal plants every month. and yes Twain, but instead, lets trust the COPS folks and people who wanna reduce what we exhale and plants inhale, ( even though those same people can't figure out how to distribute 100 container ships worth of goods stuck in Long Beach harbor, or make $4.5T in annual income cover the basic costs of running a 'free country')
OK.

Hows this:
Screen-Shot-2021-10-06-at-8.38.48-PM.png

Or maybe have a discussion on mining rare earth minerals to make batteries ( never mind the travel the materials have to do from Canada to UK to China, et al. And disposal of solar panels once they are used up) it's amazing what we can accomplish with OPM.

MidnightJester

So might as well add onto the list and get this updated this season by starting on a better end of the spectrum :)

Smugglers Notch now has a regular season $85 full day lift ticket price that seems familiar but not sure though lol.
They have added a $99 full day lift ticket on "Holidays" that I don't remember.
$5-RFID card fee not included

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
… we (North-Americans, Europeans and others) are perfectly happy with the cheap goods made in China, with little consideration to the global impact on the environment .
Sorry for the belated response here but … “perfectly happy” is a gross overstatement. “We” are rarely given a choice where our goods come from. Even when we are the price difference is disturbing to say the least. When you are struggling financially the choice is usually forced. Happy? No. Not happy. 🤨

Prices set according to the notion “what the market can bear” is also a gross overstatement. In most cases it’s not a choice at all. Unless you call freezing to death in a tent a choice.

BenedictGomez

“perfectly happy” is a gross overstatement. “We” are rarely given a choice where our goods come from. Even when we are the price difference is disturbing to say the least. When you are struggling financially the choice is usually forced. Happy? No. Not happy. 🤨
But apparently "happier" than "voluntarily" spending far more of your income on a non-Chinese source. Hmmm.....

MidnightJester

I hope the lift ticket prices aren't rising from Chinese man made snow outsourcing and the Chinese man made snow these days is a little rough on my board too.
I hope they go back to good old USA man made snow in Vermont :) Its made with responsibly sourced water with better ice crystal spacing and grouping of H's and O's

Last edited:

1dog

What's the break-even on an( early purchase) Epic or Ikon given an average walk up ticket price?

Believe Bush was $169? $Stowe $179? Mt Snow/Killington? Say $120 average? Is that fair? At $900 8 days is break even.

cost of lodging and gas adds $$600 per weekend on a 24MPG/$3.75 gal., r/t of 6 hours, 400 miles and $$250-$275 per night at a decent hotel?
4 tickets, 2 people, $480- $1100 before F&B.

Smuggs sounds awful appealing given those price points. ( add an hour to my commute tho)

Won't need much man-made - its gonna dump this year, I can feel it. Squirrels everywhere, wooly caterpillars,and so far, lots of acorns.

Does China sell cheaper lift tickets?

mister moose

Smugglers Notch now has a regular season $85 full day lift ticket price that seems familiar but not sure though lol.

What's the break-even on an( early purchase) Epic or Ikon given an average walk up ticket price?
Mt Snow/Killington? Say $120 average? Is that fair? At $900 8 days is break even.

cost of lodging and gas adds $$600 per weekend on a 24MPG/$3.75 gal., r/t of 6 hours, 400 miles and $$250-$275 per night at a decent hotel?
4 tickets, 2 people, $480- $1100 before F&B.

Smuggs sounds awful appealing given those price points. ( add an hour to my commute tho)
Depends. If you compare to prices available now it goes like this:

Killington full boat not announced yet, but in the neighborhood of $179. Right now you can buy K tickets for $89, 8th is free. Season pass (30-64) is $1,289, so you break even at 7.2 full walk up tickets, or ~8.6 on line advance tickets, or 14.3 (pus 2 free, 16 ski days) K tickets.

IKON is $1,179 right now, but limits you to 7 days at each resort, unlimited at Sugarbush and Stratton.

If you are going to ski more than 15 days, buy a half share at a ski house.

machski

So might as well add onto the list and get this updated this season by starting on a better end of the spectrum :)

Stowe is $199 peak days this season, plus $30 to park (unless you car pool big enough or park at touring center and bus up).

2Planker

Learned from the Fryburg Fair folks....
We're paving our entire front yard at SR. 25-30 spaces, no blocking. 200 yards to South Ridge. $50/day

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Stowe is $199 peak days this season, plus $30 to park (unless you car pool big enough or park at touring center and bus up).
Out of curiosity, how does this walk-up rate compare to the last days of AIG? I think it is not that much more.....

2Planker

Snomaking season is here to stay.
KMart has World Cup Tix going on sale 10am tomorrow

Hawk

The last 4 or 5 yeasrs I skied at Stowe I used the Vermont Ski Association 3 pack ticket. Even those have changed in Price. I wonder what that will be this year? Maybe vail put a stop to that also?

jaytrem

The last 4 or 5 yeasrs I skied at Stowe I used the Vermont Ski Association 3 pack ticket. Even those have changed in Price. I wonder what that will be this year? Maybe vail put a stop to that also?
They're still in the VT association and have rejoined the NH one (Peak had dropped out). Seems like the only state ski association Vail has ever dumped was CO.

BenedictGomez

Vail stopped participating in Pennsylvania's programs and is a big reason why the statewide 4th and 5th grade ski pass fell apart. They own about half of the ski areas in PA now

Something, something, thank god Vail at least cultivates the tiny feeder hills, something, something, something.....