• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Daycare at Bretton Woods

SkiMom80

The whole family has season passes to Bretton Woods this winter, and we are renting a house in Whitefield for the winter. We are very excited, but are trying to figure out what to do with our youngest son, who is only 3. I figure he's good for a couple hours of skiing in the morning, but he still naps in the afternoon. I'd to be able to drop him off at daycare when he's done skiing, but it's EXPENSIVE. I've not seen anything online about a "daycare season pass," but maybe some other folks know something I don't.

Any suggestions on season-long daycare options at Bretton Woods? Thanks!

yeggous

The whole family has season passes to Bretton Woods this winter, and we are renting a house in Whitefield for the winter. We are very excited, but are trying to figure out what to do with our youngest son, who is only 3. I figure he's good for a couple hours of skiing in the morning, but he still naps in the afternoon. I'd to be able to drop him off at daycare when he's done skiing, but it's EXPENSIVE. I've not seen anything online about a "daycare season pass," but maybe some other folks know something I don't.

Any suggestions on season-long daycare options at Bretton Woods? Thanks!

Yes this is how they make their money back on the "free" seasons passes. Wait until you see how much they've jacked the prices on chicken fingers and other cafeteria food. FWIW, the large cookies in the Stickey Hut are the best deal on the mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

SkiMom80

Wait until you see how much they've jacked the prices on chicken fingers and other cafeteria food. FWIW, the large cookies in the Stickey Hut are the best deal on the mountain.

We pack snacks and food, so at most we buy a beer or hot chocolate at the mountain. I'd really like to be able to do a "daycare season pass" like I see at other mountains, but I've found nothing for Bretton Woods.

Jully

We pack snacks and food, so at most we buy a beer or hot chocolate at the mountain. I'd really like to be able to do a "daycare season pass" like I see at other mountains, but I've found nothing for Bretton Woods.

I wasn't even aware this was at other resorts. Where else have you seen it?

machski

Sunday River has this option, not necessarily season long but is interchangeable in a family:
Frequent Visitor Pricing

Frequent Visitor PassRate40 Full Days$2,11240 Half Days$1,54030 Full Days$1,74030 Half Days$1,32020 Full Days$1,21820 Half Days$968

Frequent Visitor passes are valid for current ski season only and*are transferable between siblings.

Jully

$50 a day is certainly not bad when it is transferable like that. I was wondering if Attitash or Crotched also had something as they cater to the family market as well.

elks

Best deal for babysitting we found when our boys were younger was at Jay Peak. Full day free babysitting when you stay at their condos or hotels. Pretty sweet when you have two kids... Especially in the spring or early season when you can get great stay & ski packages that come with free lift tickets. We'd stay 2 nights and get 3 days of lift tickets for 4, plus lodging, waterpark passes, and free daycare as needed for roughly $250 a night. Hard to beat in our experience.

SIKSKIER

Had no idea daycare was so expensive.Cannon is $80 a day,more than a lift ticket.Really?The season pass daycare is also much more than my NH pass at $727 vs $599 this year.Wow!

MEtoVTSkier

What should be more expensive... paying someone to handle the responsibility of watching your children, or paying someone to allow you to babysit yourself on the slopes?

skifree

BABYSITTING SERVICES (AGES 2 MONTHS TO 12 YEARS)
The resort offers a babysitting referral service, and maintains a list of qualified local sitters. A request/liability form must be completed and received 72 hours in advance of stay. Fees apply. Call (603) 278-8989 to reserve.