• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Discount Belleayre tickets are available at liftopia.com CHeck it out

Hawkshot99

Yet the state continues to screw over the small shops and places that want to sell discount tickets to Bellayre. They have made it so no tickets are available to there. They even make more profit off having those shops sell the tickets for them.

goldsbar

Their snowmaking has not been impressive. They claim to have some more capacity on their website but it doesn't show. They have a HSQ but take forever to focus on the trails that utilize it. I know this year has been really tough (again!), but Hunter is killing them. I can't see going there with my kids if they're going to have to get off at the midstation for short runs on a slow lift.

I can tell you from Camelback today that people are itching to ski. Think total mob scene with only 2 top-to-bottom runs open. The lift line was long so they opened another lift. Imagine what that did for skier density. Think opposite of MRG single.

ScottySkis

Also hearing that Bell is planning on making trains on their backside for Olympic training. How is it okay for them but not anyone else in NY to open more terrain?

evantrentful

Also hearing that Bell is planning on making trains on their backside for Olympic training. How is it okay for them but not anyone else in NY to open more terrain?

Im really doubting that would ever happen. New Trails and a new Lift for that? No way. Especially now its under ORDA control, why take away from Whiteface/Lake Placid and its Olympic infrastructure.

ScottySkis

Im really doubting that would ever happen. New Trails and a new Lift for that? No way. Especially now its under ORDA control, why take away from Whiteface/Lake Placid and its Olympic infrastructure.

I agree but apparently this is what their telling the season pass holders who have been going their for years, hope it actually true but only if Hunter and all the other hills are finally allowed to also open up more trails.

BenedictGomez

So the Belleayre "BOGO madness" was frowned upon and stopped, so now they'll just severely undercut the competition. Got it.

ScottySkis

So the Belleayre "BOGO madness" was frowned upon and stopped, so now they'll just severely undercut the competition. Got it.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
Up my roommate who has been going Bell wants me to go with.him but I can't do it knowing how they hurt everyone else that is local and not State owners with lots.of money to burn, he is telling me about.all this.snow they been told to make in March WTF.:thumbdown:

evantrentful

I hear ya scotty. Belleayre is known for its rumor mill. Id take it with a grain of salt. The front side still has has acreage for trail expansion, such as the never completed Dreamcatcher trail next to Dot Nobel. The backside development would pose large legal, fiscal and infrastructure issues. I think Belleayres future in the next 5 years will be about modernization and reinvesting into the current layout before they begin building out. It needs a good deal of work and I think that will be Ordas way forward