• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you ever drive South to ski?

bigbog

..southward..

Yes....southwest actually...to SundayRiver(Bethel). Sugarloaf is the much easier drive...take the country roads heading West and I'm there in an hour and 45 minutes. It's another hour down to SundayRiver.

ERJ-145CA

Once campgaw in Jersey , weird seeing manhattan from the summit of well im guessing 300feet

The summit of Campgaw is 720' and the base is 450' for a grand total of 270 vertical feet. Yes, on a clear day you can see Manhattan from the summit and on a clear night you can also see the George Washington Bridge.

fixedgrip16

Yes....southwest actually...to SundayRiver(Bethel). Sugarloaf is the much easier drive...take the country roads heading West and I'm there in an hour and 45 minutes. It's another hour down to SundayRiver.

I'm going to take a guess and say you're close to Squaw. :beer:

dude you sense of direction is off stowe is north of burlington. granted you have to SE on 89 to get 100N.

that said i would do the treck to K early season

Stowe is at 44.28.21 N Latitude and Burlington is 44.28.00 N Latitude so Stowe is farther north..and that's the town so the mountain is even closer to Santa Claus..but you get on I-89 South for 2/3 of the drive..doh..they need a freeway through Bolton or something to cut the corner..lol

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Stowe is at 44.28.21 N Latitude and Burlington is 44.28.00 N Latitude so Stowe is farther north..and that's the town so the mountain is even closer to Santa Claus..but you get on I-89 South for 2/3 of the drive..doh..they need a freeway through Bolton or something to cut the corner..lol

that would have been saaaweet. actually the worst was the squalls on 89 while driving to work in the morning.

Zand

Never have, but someday I may make an appearance at Sundown for an AZ gathering.

bvibert

Staff member
I drive south everyday to ski, 17 miles south to work so that I can afford to ski (ok, I still can't afford to ski, but you know what I mean).

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I did last season for racing at Pat's and I think that was about it. When I lived in StJ, I'd travel south to Cannon and MRG/Bush. This season I hope to be traveling south for a day at Magic as I haven't skied there in a while and would enjoy checking out their new trees.

Warp Daddy

Yep damn near EVERYTHING we ski is south of where we live Whiteface , Gore all the Dacks , Anything in VT except perhaps Jay , ALL in NH , and the Berkshires or Catskills .

Everything is south of us EXCEPT Tremblant

madskier6

I drive south to ski at the mighty Sundown! But it's worth it for my local option - especially with all the AZers I meet when I go there. :lol:

rjc1976

Once every year or two, I drive south to go to Blue Mountain, but that's about it. I pretty much go up north 99% of the time.

frozencorn

Used to when I was at school in Winooski and made the trek to Stowe-Bush.

These days, even Blue Hills are 15 mins north of me.