• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Does "Park" skiing bother you?

ne_skier

I don't think it's a coincidence that the most continually trash-littered liftlines are on major park lifts.
Camelback has (or had, haven't been in a while) giant wooden funnels leading to oil drum-sized trash cans beneath most lifts on an unskied part of the line. Although you do wind up missing most of the time when throwing out something like a used tissue, it at least keeps everything in one place and makes for a fun game for lift riders. I recall Bailey's trash can being particularly easy, as the lift was low to the ground and ran at a snail's pace. Marc Antony's was on the steepest part of the line and during my years skiing there I don't think I ever actually made it into the funnel.
1678759827545.png

BodeMiller1

Pole plants are a critical component of proper bump skiing technique. I'd argue more so than any other discipline in the sport. Even Johnny Mosely would not ski bumps even close to as well without poles
Yep, I always set up the next turn with a hard pole plant. It puts you in a nice athletic rythem

jimmywilson69

Its super easy to not miss the barrel. you leave half a sip in the can and drop it from the chair like you are dropping a bomb out of an air plane. Throwing it is never going to work...

BodeMiller1

Its super easy to not miss the barrel. you leave half a sip in the can and drop it from the chair like you are dropping a bomb out of an air plane. Throwing it is never going to work...
Ski poles are often used to pick up trash.Not often enough.

4aprice

Those funnels and barrels were not there this year. What they have done and still do,, however, is send a crew down the lift lines on foot and collect the garbage thrown off the lifts (seems to come mostly from the night sessions)

urungus

Bousquet used to have a basketball hoop to toss your empties at (not sure if it survived the recent overhaul of their lift system)

43A82475-6F90-4C6A-BA12-006DC2A4B435.jpeg

icecoast1

Easy to have that opinion when you live in Montana. Grow up and learn to ski on small mole hills on the east coast and it's a totally different story. If it weren't for parks, I probably wouldn't have done much skiing at all as a kid.

Hawk

I don't have much experience in the parks. I did however, do the old half pipe at sunday river just above the Barkah Lodge at the end of each day. It was a rutual for our group to catch the last chair, ski over to T2, bomb down monday morning and finish Jibbin in the half pipe seeing how far we could get out of the pipe.

Those were the days.