• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Easter weekend

abc

Good Friday is an "optional holiday" where I work.

I had in mind earlier to extend the weekend to head further north to some place I can't get to during a 2 day weekend. Sugarloaf being the top contender because I have free lodging and lift ticket from good friend who work there. So it's just gas money and a few beers for my host.

Still, it's a good long drive away. I'm having a serious lack of motivation to drive for 6-7 hrs for mediocre conditions.

More over, I'm undecided I want to burn an extra vacation day to make it a 4 day weekend. (even the "optional" holiday can be put back into the vacation bank for other use. Though in reality, I only use vacations for skiing, and the season is ... over!)

What can one expect condition-wise? I know it's still 2 weeks away...

cdskier

Way too early to even guess I think. Have to wait and see what the weather ends up being over the next week or so...

Domeskier

Superstar should be in all its marvelous spring skiing glory by then. With that annoying groomed strip up the middle....

abc

Way too early to even guess I think. Have to wait and see what the weather ends up being over the next week or so...
I know. But I can't wait too late either. Need to put in the request for the extra day off (if I want to take that extra day off, that is) at some point.

KustyTheKlown

i'm going to sunday river or killington next weekend to just burn remaining max pass days. i dont think sugarloaf is worth the drive right now, even with my free lift tix.

deadheadskier

Staff member
i'm going to sunday river or killington next weekend to just burn remaining max pass days. i dont think sugarloaf is worth the drive right now, even with my free lift tix.

If you're coming from Manhattan, Sugarloaf is basically only 45 minutes further. I definitely prefer the terrain at SL to SR.