• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Eastern Passes - Buy early ski rest of year

AdironRider

Are there any usual culprits that put passes on the early season rates and allow you to ski the rest of the year on the new pass?

I think Cranmore has done this in the past, but looking for a bit of a better hill than that.

AdironRider

Looks like it might be in the cards. Much left to be seen but need to make sure my priorities are covered.

Edd

Going by memory, I think Peaks has done this before for Wildcat, Attitash, Crotched. Sweet deal if your timing is right.

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
Sugarbush usually does this too... usually goes on sale sometime in early April.

drjeff

Mount Snow/Peak Resorts do typically - Passes usually go on sale the last week of Feb/1st week of March

Passholders appreciation at Mount Snow this weekend with a senior management Q&A session - might even get some pricing numbers for '15-'16 passes too at the meeting

VTKilarney

Burke and Jay do it, but last year only the Judge Pass qualified. I got something like 10 days in, so it was well worth it for me. It helped that there was still plenty of snow at Jay Peak on my last day skiing - April 17th.

VTKilarney

You could get 'Jay only', or the judge pass. There was no 'Burke only' early deal.
Ahh... thanks for that clarification. I was only paying attention to Burke so I didn't realize that Jay Peak did things differently.

Cornhead

Not the info you're looking for, but I bought an A-basin season pass for the 2014-2015 season last May for $279. Hard to believe it could be worthwhile buying a season pass 2,000 miles from home, but it was. I skied 5 days on it last May, it came with 3 days at Taos, a $240 value. I intend on using the Taos days the first week of March. I will ski at least one more day at A-basin the second week of March. Who knows, maybe I'll even return in May again if I can swing it financially.

Maybe I should bring my kid another cat, worked like a charm last year, cat karma, 2' on May 20th. RIP Spaceman.

Fowtwuntee

Not an early pass or anything, but if you go to any Sunoco and get more than 8 gallons of gas two times and save both receipts, you can get 30% off lift ticket to K-town any day of the week. Got to killington . com/sunoco and you can find out all the details. Sorry not sure if i can post a link so i left the gaps:p