• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Eclipse PSA

urungus

Moderate traffic heading north on I91 this morning but no backups. Plenty of space still left in Burke Parking lot as of now

IMG_9037.jpeg

Edd

too bad west mountain isnt open, the train car at the top would be a great place to view it at....you could always hike over i guess
Got a rental house with guests my wife is entertaining whilst I ski. We have an excellent deck for viewing, the sun will be in the perfect spot. So lucky to have clear skies today, can’t believe it.

jimk

Going up to Solitude, UT today. I think peak totality here is 50% at about 1230pm MDT. Partly sunny here. Should be a quiet day on the mtn. Not sure if we'll even notice the eclipse effect, but I'll keep an eye out.

snoseek

I question how nuts this event will be. Jay really isn't busy. State side lot not even half full
Really shocked on that but good for you! I decided to wait till tomorrow to skis I was worried about crowds. Other places seem slightly busier than a normal Monday.

RH29

Looks like there's backups up 91 all the way from Brattleboro to Burke with some gaps in between. 89N doesn't have as much "red" traffic but is orange all the way from Sunapee up to Northfield VT. Franconia Notch is causing a parking lot down to Thornton. 87 north of Saratoga isn't great either.

Glad I'm taking the train for this one

AdironRider

Can confirm hot pow leftovers and no crowds at Jay today. I’ll take it!

teleo

1000001930.jpgfrom sugarbush. Def got colder and darker. Exceeded expectations. Skiing was great too.

Zand

Ended up in Lyndonville after 6 hours of driving up and 4 hours of driving to Killington afterwards, totally worth every minute.

PXL_20240408_192844536.jpg
Traffic on 91 was absolutely surreal. A road where you maybe pass a couple hundred cars in a day, looking like NYC at rush hour:
PXL_20240408_210624560.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yeah. Just stopped in Littleton for the kids to pee. Took 3 hours to get here from Jay. I'm sure the Notch and 89 interchange will suck too