• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Embarrassing people you have to ski/ride with

Domeskier

Darn. I was hoping to make turns with you at some point. Oh well...

From what I hear on this board about your bump skiing prowess, I think I will be the one embarrassed. If you don't mind embarrassing people, it should be all good!

Savemeasammy

From what I hear on this board about your bump skiing prowess, I think I will be the one embarrassed. If you don't mind embarrassing people, it should be all good!

Where is the smart-ass version of Domeskier? He is more entertaining ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I think I've told this before. Years ago I had a room mate who we'll say wasn't the brightest bulb on the chandelier and he wanted to go skiing. I offered a lesson but also told him that after that he'd be on his own. So he says "I don't need a lesson. I already know how to ski". I say fine but I'm not waiting for you. So we go and I don't see him for a couple hours until I see this guy - barreling down the hill wwwaaayy out of control, feet way apart, arms wheeling around, bent way over the tips and he drives right down the gut of this big semi-frozen mud patch and what a crash. Yard sale doesn't describe it, more like a train wreck off a cliff cause his skis stopped but of course he didn't. I was startled to say the least but had to really stifle a laugh as I go over to help this poor wretch. I did not know it was my room mate. He didn't have more than a small scuff on his cheek. When I saw who it was and that he was alright I had to laugh and right in his face! I couldn't help it. He was fine. He says, embarrassed and sorta semi smiling, "Guess I shoulda taken that lesson".

603Skier

My younger brother. Although a damn good skier, it's embarrassing. Seemingly every time were in the woods tearing it up I have to stop and unwrap him from a tree. Don't get me wrong here, he's a damn good skier and I'm also proud to ski with him! Besides my son, the only one that will follow me or lead the way down some of these awesome hidden stashes.

jrmagic

I think I've told this before. Years ago I had a room mate who we'll say wasn't the brightest bulb on the chandelier and he wanted to go skiing. I offered a lesson but also told him that after that he'd be on his own. So he says "I don't need a lesson. I already know how to ski". I say fine but I'm not waiting for you. So we go and I don't see him for a couple hours until I see this guy - barreling down the hill wwwaaayy out of control, feet way apart, arms wheeling around, bent way over the tips and he drives right down the gut of this big semi-frozen mud patch and what a crash. Yard sale doesn't describe it, more like a train wreck off a cliff cause his skis stopped but of course he didn't. I was startled to say the least but had to really stifle a laugh as I go over to help this poor wretch. I did not know it was my room mate. He didn't have more than a small scuff on his cheek. When I saw who it was and that he was alright I had to laugh and right in his face! I couldn't help it. He was fine. He says, embarrassed and sorta semi smiling, "Guess I shoulda taken that lesson".

This is off topic but your story makes me recall a similar occurance. I ran into my cousin's teenage son and two of his friends at the top of Talisman@ Magic. My cousins son is proficient so I didn't think anything of it. Well one of his friends starts heading down in a snow plow and I think utoh this might not be so good. As we watch he's standing frozen solid and picking up speed and his skis start to straighten. My buddy and ai are now yelling for him to fall ad he's doing 3ish and picking up speed FAST as his skis are now perfectly parallel pointing down the fall line:eek:. For those that know the trail he was heading down skiers right and quickly approaching the trees at the junction with bail out. The groomers had left an upward slope almost like a ramp well thankfully this kid fell short. He hit hard on his face and was rolling and then slid up and over the ramp and was thrown through the air spinning around. Somehow he thankfully missed the trunks of some big evergreen trees. At that point he dissapeared feom sight. We found him about 40 yards into the trees and other than having really nasty scrapes all over his face he was ok. My buddy and I thought for sure we were going to find a corpse.

Morwax

[h=1]“The rate at which a person can mature is directly proportional to the embarrassment he can tolerate.”[/h]