• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Snowfalls, Upcoming weather and Storms of winter 2023-2024. Storm snow totals, Observations and Predictions?

machski

NAM at 45 hours. all blue in the next 3 slides too. on the line. but blue.

View attachment 60462
Sorry man, a low tracking over Michigan is not good for conditions in NE. Will it give us a base gain? Sure. Will it make for great conditions post storm? High unlikely, especially with a freezer blast right on itis heels. I'll be skiing on runs under guns Sun&Mon that's for sure!

KustyTheKlown

woop woop

lol

its gonna be something this weekend. what it will be i do not know.

one way or another, this darkness got to give

MidnightJester

There is a little something extra to look towards immediately after this weekend. Its looking like there is a nice new Snow Storm to start MLK Holiday week coming up. Thankfully with cold air solidly in place from Sunday/Monday it should be mostly Snow in the Northeast :) Wherever it goes!!
DCT_SPECIAL49_1280x720.jpg
heathercartoon.jpg

page-63.jpg

Last edited:

BodeMiller1

What mountain are you going off the back of? I've only skied SL10 or so times. I was thinking of Wildcat. I've never skied the back. You end up at Mrs. Noosebomb's house, then a parking lot.

KustyTheKlown

What mountain are you going off the back of? I've only skied SL10 or so times. I was thinking of Wildcat. I've never skied the back. You end up at Mrs. Noosebomb's house, then a parking lot.

are you actually retarded?

the backside of the storm you moron.

thats aside from the fact that there is a skiable back side to sugarloaf.

KustyTheKlown

NWS has maine with double digits. will be a pretty interesting day whatever happens. winds are gonna be well fucked too.

BodeMiller1

are you actually retarded?

the backside of the storm you moron.

thats aside from the fact that there is a skiable back side to sugarloaf.
There's a back side at SL. The guys who ski it claim it's like western stuff. Shoots and small chimneys. It's mostly a wall of ledges.
🌎
So it takes a ton of snow. 😐

MidnightJester

“Dangerously Cold Arctic Air” Forces Many Ski Resorts to Shutdown Across the U.S. and Canada
U.S. Resorts that have closed due to the extreme cold temperatures or high winds:
Showdown Montana
Great Divide
Montana Snowbowl
Whitefish Mountain Resort
Powder Mountain
Bridger Bowl
Mt. Bachelor
Whitefish Mountain Resort in Montana closed on January 12 due to the cold, posting on its website:

“With temperatures still to fall considerably further, we have decided to close tomorrow (1/12/24) out of concern for our guests’ and staff’s safety. We are still evaluating what operations on Saturday may look like – please stay tuned to our social channels and website.”

Canadian Resorts that have closed due to the extreme cold temperatures or high winds:
Winsport
Nakiska
Sunshine Village
Shames Mountain
Hudsons Bay Mountain
Panorama Ski Resort
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
Fernie Alpine Resort