• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Snowfalls, Upcoming weather and Storms of winter 2023-2024. Storm snow totals, Observations and Predictions?

Abominable

Places south of VT are closed for the week. Be lucky to ski this weekend. St. Pat's is in doubt.

I'm sorry for the foul language on a family friendly forum but this weather SUCKS DONKEY BALLS.

SkiingInABlueDream

part of me is ready to say fuck it and write off the ski season (it barely got started for me😕) and hope for mtn biking weather. But realistically I suspect we're in for neither snow nor dry warmth, but 2+ months of💦🌧️☔️💦💦💦💦 😕
Yeah, I'm a cheery one😅

kingslug

I'll hit at least 80 days...a lot of them were good...but you had to be around midweek as the weekends were not so great.
And we did have the best opening season in a while...

drjeff

Unles after the next few UGLY days, we get a sustained cooler pattern with some actual snow that sticks around, I gotta think that after Easter (March 31st) there will be very few players left in the lift served game in the Northeast...... Ugly right now for sure,.

Never really fathomed having to possibly get on a plane to get a bunch of turns in the 2nd week of April that I have off.... Now I am really thinking that a few hours of flying time West may need to happen. Going to wait and see what this weekend and early next week do before I start looking into out West options. Trying to be as optomistic as possibly even as Mother Nature keeps giving us more and more :poop::poop::poop:

The Sneak

Srsly by far the worst ski season of my life. And that counts the 2 seasons I missed after college bc broke AF.

drjeff

2015-16 has been my benchmark for a bad season. Is the current season worse? I haven't been able to get out too much this season.
Similar as I recall. although the RAPID meltout at the end of that season was more mid, not Early March if I recall correctly.

Maybe Mother Nature will try and salvage things a little for those that are still spinning lifts by this weekend. Tomorrow and Thursday are likely to do some signofcant damage and may be the nail in the coffin for any places just holding on..... El Nino sucks in general in the Northeast!!

NYDB

This thread bears quite a bit of the responsibility for this shitty season.

Always speculating about storms like a week out and mysterious 'pattern changes' thereby turning most snowstorms into rain storms.

Constantly posting about western storms and snowfall on an EC ski forum. The first pages of this thread were all about the mountain west. Angering the eastern snow gods.

Title too long.

4aprice

Always speculating about storms like a week out and mysterious 'pattern changes' thereby turning most snowstorms into rain storms.

Constantly posting about western storms and snowfall on an EC ski forum. The first pages of this thread were all about the mountain west. Angering the eastern snow gods.

Title too long.
The Eastern Snow Gods bought a mega pass and went out west on vacation this year.

MidnightJester

Didn't know me or this thread had that much power and I though the Jetstream gods were just being East coast temperamental this year. But I looked into it and they said its the Alien chemtrails : ) fault
I tried to tell them about our East coast and West coast and they said a Storm is a Storm and it has to start somewhere and end somewhere else. I guess if you want to tell them to alter or reverse the winds it might help to make it colder in the Northeast. Amazingly It does help to know what Snow storm is lurking out west incase you wanted to go play in it or plan accordingly as it approaches so you don't have to pull a Donner party and eat your best Snow buddy to survive.

Last edited:

Mainer

This last stretch of weather has destroyed the snowpack in the MWV. Another 1 to 2 inches of rain tonight should be the knockout punch after the high of 56 today . Fuck