• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Get out and vote today!

SkiDork

handshakes go a long way. I voted for Helen Voutsinas for district court today. Why? Because she stood outside one morning at Merrick LIRR station at 6 AM shaking hands with everyone who went up those stairs.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I only called registered people in my party who've already left a number on a web site via donation etc... they were all cool.. I wouldn't call someone cold...

see......I don't think because you're registered to a particular party means, "sure call me at 8PM interupting my dinner with my wife after a 12 hour day, just to make sure I voted" and that's exactly why I was called.

where's the respect for personal privacy gone???

I just feel that unless you specifically request contact from ANY organization by means of email, snail mail, phone call, door to door........then you should be left alone. Anything short of that is borderline harrassment

dmc

see......I don't think because you're registered to a particular party means, "sure call me at 8PM interupting my dinner with my wife after a 12 hour day, just to make sure I voted" and that's exactly why I was called.

I just feel that unless you specifically request contact from ANY organization by means of email, snail mail, phone call, door to door........then you should be left alone. Anything short of that is borderline harrassment

Yeah but if you give campaign $ and leave your number your fair game... And probably involved enough to deal with a call on election night.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Yeah but if you give campaign $ and leave your number your fair game... And probably involved enough to deal with a call on election night.

If you gave campaign $, wouldn't you also likely have made sure you voted without the reminder call...?

snoseek

Voted via colorado absentee ballot.

What I really want to know is if prop 19 will pass in California!

deadheadskier

Staff member

I want an opt out box. I'll donate where and when I choose to. I do not want solicitation of any kind. It is without question infringing on my personal privacy.

I should be able to choose my level of involvement, not be coerced into participating at times I choose not to.

8PM at night? leave me alone sir

drjeff

If you gave campaign $, wouldn't you also likely have made sure you voted without the reminder call...?

It depends on just how you gave that campaign $$. If you wrote a direct check to a candidate, then presumably you'd be voting (and for that candidate) without a reminder call for sure.

If you gave $$ to a Political Action Committee(PAC) or some other body that gives $$ to candidates, then technically you've given $$ to that candidate (in some cases with PAC's maybe even both candiadtes in a race - sounds weird I know, but it happens with business related PAC's especially in close races more than you'd think) then maybe the reminder call is needed.

Heck this year, especially if you're a union member, your dues have helped fund lots of candidates, even if you weren't aware of it.

dmc

I want an opt out box. I'll donate where and when I choose to. I do not want solicitation of any kind. It is without question infringing on my personal privacy.

I should be able to choose my level of involvement, not be coerced into participating at times I choose not to.

8PM at night? leave me alone sir

Glad you # didn't end up on the website list. :)

I'm just speaking for the calls I made.. Which were current supporters and all local calls. As I said - they were all cool.

We weren't calling for money - we were just making sure everyone went out and voted. And if they knew where to go vote..

It's over now... :)

dmc

It depends on just how you gave that campaign $$. If you wrote a direct check to a candidate, then presumably you'd be voting (and for that candidate) without a reminder call for sure.

If you gave $$ to a Political Action Committee(PAC) or some other body that gives $$ to candidates, then technically you've given $$ to that candidate (in some cases with PAC's maybe even both candiadtes in a race - sounds weird I know, but it happens with business related PAC's especially in close races more than you'd think) then maybe the reminder call is needed.

Heck this year, especially if you're a union member, your dues have helped fund lots of candidates, even if you weren't aware of it.

Makes sense. I was calling for a candidate using a donar list. Not actually my representative but someone I kinda know. I haven't really gotten any calls - I give directly to candidates I endorse. My girl is in a union she's gotten a bunch of calls

dmc

I figure now that the Washington folks will take a couple o weeks off, and then BAM! Let the 2012 games begin :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

2012 is going to make DHS explode... :) :)

Geoff

I finally was able to plug my phone back in today. I was getting 4 or 5 calls per hour and finally gave up last Friday and unplugged it. When I tried to make business calls yesterday, I hit network congestion that usually only happens during American Idol voting. WTF! There were so many computer dialed calls that it killed the phone network.

I also had a half-dozen knocks on my door from campaign workers. I have a bronze salute cannon used for yacht racing next to my front door. I felt like discharging it every time some tool knocked on my door. 10 gauge blanks would discourage the campaign workers.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Voted via colorado absentee ballot.

What I really want to know is if prop 19 will pass in California!

failed

stoners forgot to show up to the polls :)

What a greedy selfish state. Failed by just over 500,000 votes. So many lies were spread around by the current medical dispensaries, illegal growers and dealers, and law enforcement, I guess I really shouldn't be surprised.

So much for my planning a Tahoe trip this season.:sad:

gmcunni

apparently Bridgeport CT is the new Florida. reportedly they only had 20,000 ballots in the city for 60,000 registered voters and they ran out of ballots due to good turnout.

darent

What a greedy selfish state. Failed by just over 500,000 votes. So many lies were spread around by the current medical dispensaries, illegal growers and dealers, and law enforcement, I guess I really shouldn't be surprised.

So much for my planning a Tahoe trip this season.:sad:

go fiqure that it couldn't pass in potafornia, then they elect moonbeam as gov !!