• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Halloween costume ideas

SKIQUATTRO

we'll be sporting those costumes again Friday night to another party, always makes for good conversation....the costume isnt just for h'ween

BackLoafRiver

Hmmm . . . Let's See:

For Couples:
Jon and Kate (Plus 8 dolls)
Elliott Spitzer and that hot hooker chick
Marc Sanford, and that semi hot Argentinian chick
Michael Vick and a Pit Bull

For Singles:
Dead People: (in varying degrees of taste): Micheal Jackson, Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays (Good One!), Shane McConkey, Ricardo Montalbaun, Natasha Richardson (watch out), Bea Arthur, Dom DeLuise, and the Taco Bell dog

Other people in the news: Obama, ACORN, Glenn Beck, Sully (airline pilot), Khadafi, Town Hall Protester (complete with teabag), some Mad Men character, an emo Vampire, fat Jessica Simpson, skinny Britney Spears, Fat/Skinny/Fat Oprah, Some character from Inglourious Basterds, the Sham-Wow Guy ("you're gonna love my nuts"), some internet thing that I haven't seen yet, Bank CEO, some kind of recession based costume, some kind of Alien Robot thing from District 9/Transformers/etc., some Lonely Island thing, and of course: David Hasselhoff

I have been growing out a beard for the Billy Mays costume but it won't be ready in time for the weekend. Gonna have to work on it a bit. I have the khaki pants and blue button up. Need to make an oxiclean iron on. Apparently the Mays family is condoning dressing up as Billy for Halloween. And here I thought I was going to burn in hell.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I have been growing out a beard for the Billy Mays costume but it won't be ready in time for the weekend. Gonna have to work on it a bit. I have the khaki pants and blue button up. Need to make an oxiclean iron on. Apparently the Mays family is condoning dressing up as Billy for Halloween. And here I thought I was going to burn in hell.
Then all you need is a Vince with a ShamWow! and you'll be all set! ;)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
My dog is going to get neutered so I was thinking of dressing like a TV and taking him as a satellite dish.
:lol: That's PERFECT!

I have a lobster costume for my dog...maybe I should dress as a chef?

I'm supposed to dress up on Sunday for a party and I have no idea what I'll be. I keep joking that I'm going as a college student.

Glenn

I'm going to be Eric Carman. I just have to add some supports to the costume I bought.

Dr Skimeister

I had a great time Trick or Treating with my younger kids, even with the intermittent rain. The little burgh of Branchville, NJ, does Halloween right. Typically at 6PM the town holds a parade in the center of town for the kids to show off their costumes and kids judged to have good costumes get a one-dollar coin (I still want to call them "silver dollars", even though there's no appreciable silver in them any more) and everyone is treated to free hot dogs and cider.

Anyway, last night the event was moved a few blocks to the firehouse so the parade could be held indoors. After a while, I start to hear a bit of a ruckus by the firehouse door. Standing by the door is someone-big kid? adult?-dressed in a Ku Klux Klan outfit with "White Power" written on the back of the outfit.

Now, I'm all about free speech and one's right to express what they believe, but I feel that this joker was expressing something extremely distasteful and hurtful. I felt it was especially idiotic to be displaying this get-up at an event aimed to entertain young kids. Maybe the nimrod just thought he was being funny and thought he'd get off on astounding people.

It scares me that people either think the way this clown does or just don't think at all.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
neighbor had a life-sized Obama cardboard cutout in the doorway. Woulda' fooled me, but the place wasn't surrounded by gleaming-black mega-SUVs and well-dressed somber-faced men with hearing-aids.... ;)