• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Happy Hour: Friday, 10/24- Pig's Eye Pub, Hartford

2knees

i had a great time. It was the evils, Marc, Madskier6, Paul, his wife and myself. Jeff and i managed to put down about 5 or 6 in 2 hours or so. good times good times.

Paul

Definitely a good time, nice to put faces and real names with screen names. D and I ended-up downstairs at Black-Eyed Sally's for dinner afterward. Still tasting it...

MRGisevil

No TR? :blink:

We headed out for the bar around 5:00 pm. Traffic was a bit congested which put me in a bit of a mood, but Tim was optimistic given that conditions were promising. Stopped at the ATM and then made our way downtown. Had a bit of a scare when a bum wandered into the middle of the street and froze when it caught site of our head lights, but Tim beeped the horn a couple of times and it pranced off into the surrounding tree cover, I mean buildings.

Parking lot was full when we arrived so we knew tonight was going to host some major stokage. Booted up in the truck and then made our way in to find a radical dump we were NOT expecting. There was at least 2' of fresh wings + pizza, PLUS a completely untracked trail of mazerella sticks! I hit first chair to the spread while Timmy got in the lift line and snagged us some drinks.

Temperature was up, mad cool vibes were in the air, lifties were spinnin' beers out like their was no tomorrow and the occasional drunkie falling off the bar lift provided ample entertainment.

Jeff was the second to arrive, closely followed by Pat- both of whom couldn't get over the insane atmosphere. I'd say the shock of the night occured when Marc showed up and ran over the break on Tim's loafers. The guys had a few runs on Sam Adams while I, wanting to take it a bit easy, headed over to Blue Moon. Not too long after Paul and D arrived and the troop was complete- it was time to start rippin' it up.

I lost track of who was talking about what in the next hour or so, but I believe the "Marc, you're a jack ass" count reached at least eleven. Paul even offered to build him a sign, which Marc happily admitted he would perpetually hold in the air. At some point during that time Pat left, having to get home early. This was a crushing blow to the group's morale- however, Nelson Mandella arrived not too long after and all was well.

With Nelson leading the pack, we decided to seek out some back country action and that's about when I, not paying close enough attention, collided with my beer and suffered a massive drunkussion. The rest of the night remains a hazy cocophany of inevitability and hangover.

All in all I had a great time! Was really great talking to everyone, see Pat and Jeff again, very cool of Marc to come out and join us and awesome to meet Paul & D in person. Definately going on my top five for the year; I think we'd all be remissed if we didn't try to catch another pow day at the pig before end of season. My only regret is that I didn't ask for Mr. Mandella's autograph.

Grassi21

We headed out for the bar around 5:00 pm. Traffic was a bit congested which put me in a bit of a mood, but Tim was optimistic given that conditions were promising. Stopped at the ATM and then made our way downtown. Had a bit of a scare when a bum wandered into the middle of the street and froze when it caught site of our head lights, but Tim beeped the horn a couple of times and it pranced off into the surrounding tree cover, I mean buildings.

Parking lot was full when we arrived so we knew tonight was going to host some major stokage. Booted up in the truck and then made our way in to find a radical dump we were NOT expecting. There was at least 2' of fresh wings + pizza, PLUS a completely untracked trail of mazerella sticks! I hit first chair to the spread while Timmy got in the lift line and snagged us some drinks.

Temperature was up, mad cool vibes were in the air, lifties were spinnin' beers out like their was no tomorrow and the occasional drunkie falling off the bar lift provided ample entertainment.

Jeff was the second to arrive, closely followed by Pat- both of whom couldn't get over the insane atmosphere. I'd say the shock of the night occured when Marc showed up and ran over the break on Tim's loafers. The guys had a few runs on Sam Adams while I, wanting to take it a bit easy, headed over to Blue Moon. Not too long after Paul and D arrived and the troop was complete- it was time to start rippin' it up.

I lost track of who was talking about what in the next hour or so, but I believe the "Marc, you're a jack ass" count reached at least eleven. Paul even offered to build him a sign, which Marc happily admitted he would perpetually hold in the air. At some point during that time Pat left, having to get home early. This was a crushing blow to the group's morale- however, Nelson Mandella arrived not too long after and all was well.

With Nelson leading the pack, we decided to seek out some back country action and that's about when I, not paying close enough attention, collided with my beer and suffered a massive drunkussion. The rest of the night remains a hazy cocophany of inevitability and hangover.

All in all I had a great time! Was really great talking to everyone, see Pat and Jeff again, very cool of Marc to come out and join us and awesome to meet Paul & D in person. Definately going on my top five for the year; I think we'd all be remissed if we didn't try to catch another pow day at the pig before end of season. My only regret is that I didn't ask for Mr. Mandella's autograph.

:lol: nice bit of writing.

madskier6

That was a lot of fun. Great to see you folks & toss back a few. It was also nice to talk about the upcoming ski season. The stoke was high last night! Now let's hope for cold weather & lots of snow.

2knees

lol, nice write up Randi. we have to do this again soon. i had a blast.

i didnt see anyone with a camera but maybe i was more buzzed then i thought.

MR. evil

lol, nice write up Randi. we have to do this again soon. i had a blast.

i didnt see anyone with a camera but maybe i was more buzzed then i thought.

Marc was taking pics with his camera phone.

MR. evil

so there will be photographic evidence that i do indeed wear something other then windpants.

I shouldn't tell you this, but when you dropped off those ski bindings at my office part of me was expecting to see you wearing wind pants. I think I was a bit disapointed that you were wearing jeans.