• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Heartiage club looking for employss

ScottySkis

drjeff

Yeah fuck those assholes. Go work for bromley or magic or one of the berkshire independents

The group that is running the Hermitage day to day mountain ops now, has very direct ties to the group running Berkshire East and Catamount these days as an FYI.

Killingtime

The group that is running the Hermitage day to day mountain ops now, has very direct ties to the group running Berkshire East and Catamount these days as an FYI.
Yeah I think the owners of BE/Catamount are being used as advisors.
So, the former Plymouth Notch private ski area on Rte 100 once reached out to me through FB and asked if I wanted a free day pass. I figured they just wanted to get me there so they could try to sell me one of their ridiculously overpriced memberships. I remain skeptical that the private ski area business model is sustainable, especially in the Northeast.

Glenn

It will be interesting to see how the business model will work now that a lot of people work remotely or hybrid.

FBGM

Are there enough people in that area to even recruit or find workers? Especially at the jobs they posted? Mostly low level seasonal. Pretty rough area and deff not the cream of the crop. Maybe some people working for Vail Snow will go over?

Rikka

You want to drive a cat... looks like they will teach you. If I was a young guy I would hit that up.

FBGM

You want to drive a cat... looks like they will teach you. If I was a young guy I would hit that up.
For what, like $12/hr? I mean, good for them for teaching but just talent and people in general in that area is hard. They need to steal the 2-4 if that employees from Vail Snow that are worth oxygen and maybe build off that

icecoast1

For what, like $12/hr? I mean, good for them for teaching but just talent and people in general in that area is hard. They need to steal the 2-4 if that employees from Vail Snow that are worth oxygen and maybe build off that
The website says 15 per hour.... Mcdonalds Wages.

dblskifanatic

Have you ever worked at ski areas. Wages for snowmaking, lifties, many of the cat drivers, restaurant employees, ticket widow staff, etc are all in that wage areas or lower. You do not work at a ski area to make money - it is about the skiing perk, the vide and the people. I have been there and done that.

2Planker

McD's has FREE Food and Uniforms, and it's indoors..... No free food at a ski resort and the uniforms provided are usually not enough.
For the 30+ years I've Patrolled, most everyone (Snowmakers, Lift Ops., Maintenance...) spends their own$$$ on clothing/gear to supplement the inadequacies of the uniforms provided.

Best resort provided uniforms ever were from SR, when they tested stuff out for Mountain Hardware in the 90's.
I still have that shell :)

icecoast1

Have you ever worked at ski areas.
No, almost did once til I found out how little the pay was going to be. Feel bad for those that do. The lack of pay, benefits and career paths are why they continuously struggle to hire and retain staff

Bosco DaSkia

Yeah I think the owners of BE/Catamount are being used as advisors.
So, the former Plymouth Notch private ski area on Rte 100 once reached out to me through FB and asked if I wanted a free day pass. I figured they just wanted to get me there so they could try to sell me one of their ridiculously overpriced memberships. I remain skeptical that the private ski area business model is sustainable, especially in the Northeast.

yer wrong. We have several private ski areas in New York ranging from small to large. They’ve been around for quite some time and they’re quite successful at what they do.

fact.

https://holimont.com/

https://www.hunthollow.com/

http://skicaz.com/

skiur

McD's has FREE Food and Uniforms, and it's indoors..... No free food at a ski resort and the uniforms provided are usually not enough.
For the 30+ years I've Patrolled, most everyone (Snowmakers, Lift Ops., Maintenance...) spends their own$$$ on clothing/gear to supplement the inadequacies of the uniforms provided.

Best resort provided uniforms ever were from SR, when they tested stuff out for Mountain Hardware in the 90's.
I still have that shell :)

Who cares about uniforms when driving a cat? Your in a heated cab.

snoseek

15 dollars an hour is the going rate for a dishie around here these days. Private clubs really need to pay a differential to find help that's gonna deal with the membership and provide better than average work. Usually the one draw is these places often pay a bit better

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Have you ever worked at ski areas. Wages for snowmaking, lifties, many of the cat drivers, restaurant employees, ticket widow staff, etc are all in that wage areas or lower. You do not work at a ski area to make money - it is about the skiing perk, the vide and the people. I have been there and done that.

There's a few people on this forum that have been told that time after time and they still don't get it and think that lifties in Jackson and Aspen should make $30/hr so they can afford a nice one bedroom apartment 10 minutes from the mountain.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

Eh. Sounds like a job that's fun the first few nights then quickly dulls out. I've heard that it can be pretty boring if you're grooming wide, not-so-steep slopes.

But at the same time I was told by a cat operator on a night after a rain/flash-freeze he started sliding down a steep trail...even with the tiller engaged...so that must've been pretty fun!