• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

"... home to Southern Vermont's most advanced terrain"

MMP

"... home to Southern Vermont's most advanced terrain"

Mt snow has better flags. Terrain? You're high.

mister moose

Being on the east side of the Appalachian Divide, Killington is Eastern South-Central Vermont. Pico is Western South-Central.

MadMadWorld

There is nothing in southern Vermont that can match it. Pound for pound it can compete with just about anywhere when everything is skiable. Just doesn't have the BC offering that Jay, Stowe and Smuggs can offer.

Highway Star

By dividing the state into thirds:

Southern Vermont - Everything south of Wallingford

- Okemo
- Stratton/Bromley/Magic
- Mount Snow

Central Vermont - Everything South of Montpelier, North of Wallingford.

- Sugarbush/MRG
- Killington/Pico

Northern VT - North of Montpelier

- Stowe/Smuggs/Bolton
- Burke
- Jay Peak

VTKilarney

By dividing the state into thirds:

Southern Vermont - Everything south of Wallingford

- Okemo
- Stratton/Bromley/Magic
- Mount Snow

Fail. Okemo is not south of Wallingford. I would have accepted Plymouth.

That aside, I agree with your list and the respective locations you put the ski areas in.

Domeskier

This is kind of like bragging about having steepest doublest black diamond mogul trail in Connecticut, right?

Highway Star

Fail. Okemo is not south of Wallingford. I would have accepted Plymouth.

That aside, I agree with your list and the respective locations you put the ski areas in.

Look at a map, moron.

Jesus_facepalm.jpg

VTKilarney

This moron just looked at the map. I may be a moron, but you're an idiot. For Okemo to be south of Wallingford, you need to either move Wallingford or move Okemo. Good luck with that.

Map.jpg

Highway Star

Okemo is 100% South of the CENTER OF TOWN of Wallingford, as marked by "Wallingford" on the map and the stoplight in the center of town. The geographic center of Wallingford is irrelevant, and in the middle of nowhere. When people think of Wallingford, they think of the center of the small town south of Rutland, with the stoplight, on Rt. 7.

Dumbass.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...0x89e03854cf0b8621:0xa7e2f02d8f0e6bd6!6m1!1e1

VTKilarney

Okemo is 100% South of the CENTER OF TOWN of Wallingford, as marked by "Wallingford" on the map and the stoplight in the center of town.
I see. When you said that Okemo is south of Wallingford, you didn't mean that Okemo is south of Wallingford. You meant that Okemo is south of an arbitrary point within the town of Wallingford - a stoplight. Thanks for the clarification. Silly me for thinking that when you referred to a town you were referring to a town. I need to tell the Vermont DOT to remove any signs indicating that you've entered Wallingford until you actually get to the stoplight. People must be so confused with the way the signs are currently placed. Tell me, oh smart one, how big is Wallingford? A square foot under the stoplight? Two square feet? Why did I not know that it was the smallest town in Vermont?

VTKilarney

You guys totally fail at geography.
I dunno. I thought that a town was defined by its boundaries. I didn't realize that the extent of a town is only what lies directly beneath a traffic light within the town. If that's failing at geography, consider me very happy to be failing.

Bu the way, do you want to tell the state that they need to update their maps, or would you like me to relay the message on your behalf? Because this map shows Wallingford as being WAAAY bigger than just a square foot or two under a traffic light.

Map 2.jpg