• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

"... home to Southern Vermont's most advanced terrain"

Highway Star

I dunno. I thought that a town was defined by its boundaries. I didn't realize that the extent of a town is only what lies directly beneath a traffic light within the town. If that's failing at geography, consider me very happy to be failing.

Bu the way, do you want to tell the state that they need to update their maps, or would you like me to relay the message on your behalf? Because this map shows Wallingford as being WAAAY bigger than just a square foot or two under a traffic light.

attachment.php

You're really grasping here, aren't you? Just give up and move on.

http://www.wallingfordvt.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/wal-zoning-6-2015F-Map.pdf

VTKilarney

You're really grasping here, aren't you? Just give up and move on.
Grasping, no. And, yes, I am sure you would like me to give up move on. Kind of like what you should be doing when you insist that a town is actually smaller than its own boundaries.

You might have a cottage industry developing here. You should advocate that people who live south of the traffic light refuse to pay their property taxes. After all, they don't live in Wallingford. They live "south of Wallingford."

Highway Star

Grasping, no. And, yes, I am sure you would like me to give up move on. Kind of like what you should be doing when you insist that a town is actually smaller than its own boundaries.

http://www.wallingfordvt.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/wal-zoning-6-2015F-Map.pdf

As usual, you prove that you are completely clueless. People drive though the CENTER OF WALLINGFORD all the time, and know where it it is. Which is North of Okemo. NOBODY CARES what the town borders are.

You lost. You fail. You sound like an idiot. You are idiot. Period. Seriously, get a life.

VTKilarney

The map you linked to shows that Wallingford is much bigger than just a square foot or two under the traffic light. Kind of like I've been saying.

Okemo is south of the traffic light in Wallingford.
Okemo is not south of the town of Wallingford.

So when you originally said that Okemo was south of Wallingford, you were wrong. Had you said that it was south of the traffic light, we would not be having this discussion.

It just is what it is. You can't magically move the boundaries of the town.

I think I've made my point. You can keep calling me an idiot if it will make you feel better. I'll let others decide from the actual facts whether or not I am.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Having lived in Ludlow for many years and driven north through Mt Holly and then Wallingford to get to Rutland countless times, I honestly had no clue the town reached that far south.

Also, this geographic flame war is showing that we have reached new lows of snowless hysteria.

slatham

STOP!

Wikipedia.

Wallingford: 43°27′28″N 72°56′49″W
Ludlow: 43°23′45″N 72°42′2″W

Any additional comments on So Vt's best advanced terrain, other than its all F'ing green right now!

steamboat1

Having lived in Ludlow for many years and driven north through Mt Holly and then Wallingford to get to Rutland countless times, I honestly had no clue the town reached that far south.

Also, this geographic flame war is showing that we have reached new lows of snowless hysteria.
Why would you need to drive through Wallingford to get to Rutland from Ludlow? Rt. 103 comes out onto Rt.7 well north of Wallingford.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Why would you need to drive through Wallingford to get to Rutland from Ludlow? Rt. 103 comes out onto Rt.7 well north of Wallingford.

103 goes through Wallingford for a stretch several miles south of route 7

See VTKs map for reference

catsup948

I've lived the majority of my life 8 miles from Vermont on route 112. I've always said the mountains in Windham and Bennington counties are southern Vermont. Then I say from these county lines to I 89 is central and I 89 to Canada is northern. Okemo maybe the outlier because it has southern Vermont ease of access for me but it really is in central Vermont.

VTKilarney

Clearly there was some alcohol involved when South Burlington was laid out.

HowieT2

you guys are too funny.

my route to and from sugarbush takes me through wallingford on route 7 and we stop for gas/bathroom break there when traveling north. so I am well aware that the town extends far south of the downtown traffic light. in fact, when we pass the first sign for wallingford, we give the kids a 5 minute warning to prepare to get out of the car.