• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How old is everybody?? How many years have you been skiing/riding?

Skier75

51, started some in Jr High, then off again until after HS, skied for a few years with an older brother. Took some more time off when I had a baby, picked it back up when my daughter got a little older, but only a few times a year, since I was a single parent. Got my daughter into it when she was about 10, still only skied a few times a year as I could afford it and found deals. Now that I've been an empty nester and married for the last 5-7 years ski as much as we can on weekends and some days I can get off work during the week. Kinda hard to figure out, really, exactly how many years, but now my husband and I go just about every weekend, during the ski season. My daughter is tranformed into a snowboarder now and has been trying to get me to, but I still like my skis.

skimawk

Old enough for some things, Not for others

The age is 45, skiing for 43 years. Skiing to my smile everyday!!!!

madskier6

I'm 44, been skiing for 39 years. I took a break from 93 -99 when my wife & I had youngsters (and I was in grad school). I've been more of a gung-ho skier in the last 6 or 7 years than when I was younger. Don't get me wrong: I skied a lot when I was younger but I took it for granted. It's only since I've gotten older & gotten my children involved with skiing that I've learned to truly appreciate the whole experience.