• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hoyts High at Whiteface gets snowmaking

freeskier423

1600' vert black diamond with no easier way out. it is a fun trail and it is getting pipe for this season

Puck it

Sounds like Tramline or Kinsman Glade at Cannon. Imagine what Tramline would be like with a manmade base!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Sounds like Tramline or Kinsman Glade at Cannon. Imagine what Tramline would be like with a manmade base!

Would snowmaking on Tramiline realistically be doable without rock blasting the character out of what appears (I've never skied it) to make that trail great?

If you're arguing just leaving it alone and running pipes up the side and blowing snow over all the rock debris, keep in mind that activity might raise my taxes a few pennies a year you anti-environment, pro-development masshole!!!!!!

Puck it

Would snowmaking on Tramiline realistically be doable without rock blasting the character out of what appears (I've never skied it) to make that trail great?

If you're arguing just leaving it alone and running pipes up the side and blowing snow over all the rock debris, keep in mind that activity might raise my taxes a few pennies a year you anti-environment, pro-development masshole!!!!!!

Settle down Threecy wannabe. :-DNo change to the trail. Just run pipes up the side. A man made base would make it skiable more often.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Thanks for the link freeskier! Just to be clear our piece wasn't done from the press release, but from direct conversation with Whiteface mgmt.

AdironRider

I think Tramline is a step above in challenge/terrain than Hoyt's to be fair. Kinsman is a glade and not really comparable outside of fallline specifically.

Good things though, they (Whiteface) have needed this to make the expansion truely worth it IMO.