• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter's Mt Status and Snow reports

abc

I have found the reservation system to be quite sophisticated.
I found it "too sophisticated". In other words, too complicated for its own good.

Re-booking priority days took untold time gaps. The cancelled reservation doesn't immediately go back to the bank. So you can't book another one until some undetermined time later when the "system" refresh itself. Some people reported waiting for HOURS!

Also, if you have a priority day booked, the day is greyed out on the calendar so you don't book the same day on another mountain. But regular week-of reservation don't. You have to check your own reservation list to see you've already booked that day.

Just no consistency. Haphazard is the right word, in more ways than one.

thebigo

I found it "too sophisticated". In other words, too complicated for its own good.

Re-booking priority days took untold time gaps. The cancelled reservation doesn't immediately go back to the bank. So you can't book another one until some undetermined time later when the "system" refresh itself. Some people reported waiting for HOURS!

Also, if you have a priority day booked, the day is greyed out on the calendar so you don't book the same day on another mountain. But regular week-of reservation don't. You have to check your own reservation list to see you've already booked that day.

Just no consistency. Haphazard is the right word, in more ways than one.
Out of all the peculiar 2020 moments, I am conversing with somebody named abc in New York while waiting for my wife to put out the Christmas shit.

Your experience is diametrically opposed to mine. I can rebook in seconds, nothing is greyed out, I get an error message when trying to book a day that is already booked.

abc

Out of all the peculiar 2020 moments, I am conversing with somebody named abc in New York while waiting for my wife to put out the Christmas shit.
In normal years, I'd be spending Christmas with family, somewhere there's snow.

This year, I'm not having any family gathering, nor traveling anywhere chasing snow. So nothing much to do but to sit in front of my computer. (actually trying to get some work done as I've been skiing the last 5 days when I "should have been" working ;) )

Zermatt

Anyone know how the Hunter area did with the storm..any flooding?
In coastal CT we got wind, warm temps but less than half the rain that was forecast. That's about the only good news I have. Webcams are depressing.

jg17

Closed today to "preserve snow." Website says the cam is down, but the backdoor link to the cam shows not much snow left to preserve... looks like back to WROD if/when they can reopen.

da-bum

Hunter is fully booked everyday until after the new year weekend, while other EPIC resorts in the new england are all available. It is going to be hella packed at Hunter. Did they drastically reduce capacity due to everything being washed out?

I thought nobody is observing the quarantine rules and still heading to VT? Or do they want out of state people to think twice before heading there?

abc

Hunter is fully booked everyday until after the new year weekend, while other EPIC resorts in the new england are all available. It is going to be hella packed at Hunter. Did they drastically reduce capacity due to everything being washed out?

I thought nobody is observing the quarantine rules and still heading to VT? Or do they want out of state people to think twice before heading there?
I don't know. But my observation, Hunter is a lot smaller than most of the VT mountains. And it's not fully open either. So the crowd is going to be bad whatever they do.

Hunter has always been quite crowded on weekends. It's just this year, weekdays are the new weekends.

And last but not least, this is the holiday period after all.

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
Hunter got booked before this storm, so now that the storm came the trail count went down (FAR DOWN), so now what, will they turn people away? How in the hell will they be able to keep within the guidelines of Covid when there isn't enough open trails to accommodate the crowd. Boy am I glad I didn't book a reservation.

da-bum

Hunter got booked before this storm, so now that the storm came the trail count went down (FAR DOWN), so now what, will they turn people away? How in the hell will they be able to keep within the guidelines of Covid when there isn't enough open trails to accommodate the crowd. Boy am I glad I didn't book a reservation.
I don't think they have to worry about the crowd on the trails. With the bottleneck on the lifts, the trails have been pretty empty.