• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I won!

Mpdsnowman

Lol just ask Best Buy lol...early last week I went and bought my mom her Christmas Gift. What does one in this day and age get an 87 year old mother?? A brand new laptop, printer and all the trimmings of course...

Honestly she is very computer literatete and has to be because my older brother is a priest in Canada and they skype every day lol..The current system she has is eight years old so I thought for xmas that would be a nice thing for her...she needs speed bad..

But anyways I go to best buy and used my rewards card. Now honestly I am not paying attention to what the sales kid is telling me about my rewards card...I know I am getting a reward but I dont know "what" lol. He mentions a contest and a drawing because Ive spend about a grand (also bought a new hd tv for my son) and tells me I am entered but because I am really not listening (its an Italian thing) I dont know what contest I may or may not win. Heck I thought I was a winner just for simply buying before black friday crowds...

But since mid last week my cell phone keeps getting text messages that say I won and I should go to best buy to claim my $1000.00 gift card...and others that say "your a winner...go here".

Ive been in retail all my life. Could it be that I actually spent a grand and I just won a grand from the business I just spent it at?? Damn Im good ha lol...well I aint,,

Because all it is, is an offer for a credit card and if I bite I will get a 1k gift card from best buy. The other message was basically the same thing with a different credit card...

ctenidae

But that Nigerian Prince seems like such a nice fellow. I had no idea I had any relatives there at all, much less a very rich uncle who was high in the government service, and for that gentleman to go out of his way to let me know was a true act of kindness, I think.

Mpdsnowman

Yea thats the thing....He's scanning a computer, cooling pad, wireless mouse lol, software in the computer ask's me if I am going to use my rewards card, I say yes....then off he goes lol

"well you will qualify for this....and get that lol...

An employee of Best buy

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
That's kinda deceptive and unprofessional of best buy in my opinion. If it's a credit card offer don't disguise it as something else...

ctenidae

That's kinda deceptive and unprofessional of best buy in my opinion. If it's a credit card offer don't disguise it as something else...

Of course, the guy could have been saying "fill out the survey on the receipt and you'll be registered to win..."
Which strikes me as pretty likely.

Mpdsnowman

Of course, the guy could have been saying "fill out the survey on the receipt and you'll be registered to win..."
Which strikes me as pretty likely.

Honestly he didnt..and I definitely didnt fill out any surveys....That did however start to happen when I went to the link the text message they sent me on my cell.

I think whats happening now is with these special "rewards" card type things. perhaps...perhaps..If the sales associate is telling you what you get (for using that rewards card) and I sort of acknowledge. He or she may be checking off boxes on the order entry screen and when I signed the sales receipt...I accepted...

You know...credit card companies are shifty. They might be forming their own unique web by combining everything down to the sales transaction...scary...

Lol and boy did you know every day this month best buy has a special only for today and me deal...I am getting an email from them every morning. Lol best deals for me...

Hey! anybody need anything?? lol

Mpdsnowman

Lol it gets even better..Now I won a job lol 500 bucks a week...and I dont have to leave home..

Ive noticed since that transaction I get these now. They do go into the junk file but I cant help but think its related because I never really had these in the past...

I guess I am going to have to get my sons friend to stop these...I think he knows how...