• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Ski Pass

jaytrem

Are any Indy ski areas RFID enabled yet for direct-to-lift access with the new Indy pass card ?
Haven't heard any. Indy seems to be pretty quiet lately. I'm heading to Bluewood on Sunday. No direct to lift there yet, and they use the Entabeni system. I hate that system, it causes long lines and the web interface doesn't work well either.

jaytrem

Brundage has Entabeni also. Might have to deal with them twice, ughhhh! Snow King and Kelly Canyon seem to be using somebody else.

AdironRider

It is interesting to me how Entabeni seems to have created a very solid portal on the backend for operators redeeming indy passes (every operator I know says its slick and super easy to use), but then you go and try and book with Cannon for example and it is a total clusterfuck on the customer side.

trackbiker

It is interesting to me how Entabeni seems to have created a very solid portal on the backend for operators redeeming indy passes (every operator I know says its slick and super easy to use), but then you go and try and book with Cannon for example and it is a total clusterfuck on the customer side.
I tried to reserve Berkshire East two weeks ago. Couldn't do it from my phone. Didn't try from a computer. When I got there the woman in guest services told me the reservations weren't working and in the future not to bother and just come into guest services there or at Catamount.

Smellytele

Thought I Had no problem reserving at Berkshire but it didn’t work when I got to the gates and had to go in. They actually messed up when my wife went to get her rfid card and erased my reservation an put her name on my account.

RH29

Thought I Had no problem reserving at Berkshire but it didn’t work when I got to the gates and had to go in. They actually messed up when my wife went to get her rfid card and erased my reservation an put her name on my account.
I've also had reservation issues at Berkshire, caused by me buying night tickets separate from Indy. Messed up their system, my RFID card wasn't working, and I got charged with an Indy day on top of the regular ticket. They fixed it obviously, but it was a bit of a nuisance at the time.

On the topic of RFID - The entabeni RFID system at Magic was flawless when I went there a couple weeks ago. Walked up to my window with my Indy Pass, they handed back the Magic card in 30 seconds and I had no issues with it all day. They used guys with scanners in the liftline instead of gates, which probably helped.

TyWebb

Best Value in Skiing - 24/25 passes on sale March 1 - no increase

The 24/25 Indy Pass pricing and key purchase dates are live. To stay true to the independent and less-crowded nature of our member mountains, 24/25 Pass sales will again be capped.

Starting March 1 at 10 AM MST, any Indy Passholder (current or lapsed) or anyone confirmed on the 23/24 waitlist (waitlist now closed) will have access to exclusive pricing through midnight on March 7.

Any unsold pass inventory will be made available to the general public on March 8 at 10 AM MST on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Even as the cost of skiing seems to increase everywhere, our renewing passholders pay the same price ($279 Adult / $149 Kid) as they have the last three years in a row.

Ditch the chaos and extraction; choose or add Indy for 24/25

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Appealing deal to do as a $199 add on to the $399 Montage pass (pricing through March 4)

Hope we get Epic and Ikon rates before then to make an informed decision

urungus

Best Value in Skiing - 24/25 passes on sale March 1 - no increase

The 24/25 Indy Pass pricing and key purchase dates are live. To stay true to the independent and less-crowded nature of our member mountains, 24/25 Pass sales will again be capped.

Starting March 1 at 10 AM MST, any Indy Passholder (current or lapsed) or anyone confirmed on the 23/24 waitlist (waitlist now closed) will have access to exclusive pricing through midnight on March 7.

Any unsold pass inventory will be made available to the general public on March 8 at 10 AM MST on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Even as the cost of skiing seems to increase everywhere, our renewing passholders pay the same price ($279 Adult / $149 Kid) as they have the last three years in a row.

Ditch the chaos and extraction; choose or add Indy for 24/25
How does that work if you have an Indy add-on pass but your home mountain has not yet put next years passes on sale ?

TyWebb

How does that work if you have an Indy add-on pass but your home mountain has not yet put next years passes on sale ?

You pay add-on and have to confirm/upload you pass in the fall or when u receive it - thn they activate

This past season I did an add-on for my son when I signed up in March ‘23 as his school ski club did Shawnee the prior year. They switched to Blue so I had to pay the $79 when I found out in the fall and they activated his card

RH29

I've used Indy less this season than I would have liked (weather, and the fact that my $ is going towards a Europe trip rather than my usual northern New England circuit) but in general I average about 10-12 days a season on Indy. $28 a day for skiing. In 2024. It's such a phenomenal deal and I'm glad I got in on it back in 2020.

rebel1916

PowMow is unhappy with Entabeni and apparently ripping it all out after this season. Probably leaving Indy too.
That has a lot more to do with the "strictly for the tech bros" direction that PowMow is ostentatiously headed in, than anything to do with Indy.

Source: Spent a ton of time with both Pow Mow employees and volunteers this winter.

Edd

Next year’s pass on sale today. Wasn’t in a hurry at first but forgot they limited sales last year so I pulled the trigger.

2planks2coasts

I bought one. Ethically conflicted about it. Indy has been so unwilling to play well in the sandbox with others, but have spent $250 already this year when work dropped me in the neighborhood of Indy resorts.

Edd

It seemed you had to get the card instead of just renewing your current card for some reason. $289 total, I just can’t resist. I used it east and west this year and last. No brainer.