• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Ski Pass

deadheadskier

Staff member
For me, it was Vail screwing up and forcing me to look elsewhere. Swapped Epic for Indy + Gunstock for similar money. It has worked fantastic. Gunstock has better kids programs than Crotched and is 15-20 minutes closer to home for my quick hitter option. 1 hour vs 1:15-20. Now that Ragged has been added, it's even better as a NH based skier. I certainly miss being a Wildcat regular, but don't miss the constant frustrations with Vail. Indy price would have to shoot way up for me to consider going back to Epic. IKon is a poor option for day trips as a NH based skier

snoseek

For me, it was Vail screwing up and forcing me to look elsewhere. Swapped Epic for Indy + Gunstock for similar money. It has worked fantastic. Gunstock has better kids programs than Crotched and is 15-20 minutes closer to home for my quick hitter option. 1 hour vs 1:15-20. Now that Ragged has been added, it's even better as a NH based skier. I certainly miss being a Wildcat regular, but don't miss the constant frustrations with Vail. Indy price would have to shoot way up for me to consider going back to Epic. IKon is a poor option for day trips as a NH based skier
Most years I cave and get an epic pass but I'm standing my ground this year. Cannon, ragged and 5 days at jay leaves me money left to jump on a midweek day ticket somewhere if I feel like exploring. To me ikon isn't all that different than epic and only killington and loon are within daytrip range for me

deadheadskier

Staff member
Most years I cave and get an epic pass but I'm standing my ground this year. Cannon, ragged and 5 days at jay leaves me money left to jump on a midweek day ticket somewhere if I feel like exploring. To me ikon isn't all that different than epic and only killington and loon are within daytrip range for me

I did cave last year and this for two Epic day passes. They're too reasonable not to. Last year was Cat / Tash. This year probably Cat / Sunapee as my daughter hasn't been to Sunapee.

As long as Vail continues to offer that, I'll bite. But, I can't see myself going back full time again.

2planks2coasts

I've had one every season since it started about five years ago. I've had some great trips on it. Jay. Cannon, Waterville. I use it mostly as an add-on to an Epic or Ikon but one year it was the only pass I had, and I still had a great winter. You're correct, its too good to pass up.

I've had one every year but last year when I bought a Cooper pass to support them. That worked out fine as they have a pretty broad network and are a fun mountain themselves. My travel pattern is changing this year to be Alaska focused when not at home in NH. Add in a possible Japan trip and the positives of Indy start to outweigh the asshole amateur mobster strongarm stuff.

I've added an Ikon base a few times, mainly because the nurse discount is so good. Living at Tenney though, that will be my home mountain, so their pass + Indy won't allow much time for Ikon.