• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Ski Pass

2planks2coasts

I have obviously been wrong on such matters and would happily be so in this case. I really don't see it being Targhee. Their history with partnerships other than the MCP is stingy at best. They participate in lots of reciprocal pass arrangements, but always with the asterisk indicating a requirement to book lodging with the resort in order to use the GT Tix.

snoseek

There's what looks like some pretty sweet low key areas in Montana that would be good candidates. A flight to Spokane seems like a good idea on this pass as it is.

jaytrem

I have obviously been wrong on such matters and would happily be so in this case. I really don't see it being Targhee. Their history with partnerships other than the MCP is stingy at best. They participate in lots of reciprocal pass arrangements, but always with the asterisk indicating a requirement to book lodging with the resort in order to use the GT Tix.
They used to be in the Geigerrig Passport book, free skiing, no lodging required. Sure do miss that and the Descent Passport!!!

jaytrem

Soldier and Pomerelle are the new ones. Pomerelle can be a good escape from the Utah crowds. Only been night skiing there, would love to get back for a proper day.

NYDB

Soldier looks interesting. Does anyone know if you can you do a lift bump assisted tour under your own power in the cat skiing area?

KustyTheKlown

TGR is doing a film about the indy pass, and intend to visit jay, cannon, magic, bolton, berkshire, and a sixth eastern area not yet announced on indy

Jackson, WY February 18, 2021 – Teton Gravity Research, the global leader in action sports, adventure and outdoor media, is excited to announce a partnership with Indy Pass, the fastest-growing multi-mountain pass in North America, to explore the spirit of independent ski and snowboard areas around North America. Titled “In Pursuit of Soul”, this project will produce digital and social storytelling at twelve different independent resorts throughout the winter season, with a short film to be digitally released in Fall 2021.

“We are really excited about the opportunity to highlight some of the independent resorts that have rich histories, amazing characters and interesting stories that deserve to be told” said TGR co-founder Steve Jones. “While our annual films typically focus on big mountains and more exotic destinations, the exciting part of working on a project like In Pursuit of Soul is that it lets us showcase a different side of the industry that will still resonate with our core audience.”

Of the 61 independent and authentic resorts from the Indy Pass Coalition, the TGR crew will be heading to six locations on the east coast, including Berkshire East, Bolton Valley, Cannon Mountain, Jay Peak, and Magic Mountain - with the announcement of a sixth resort coming soon, as it gets added to the Indy Pass program. The team will then head west to hit six different independent ski areas in the Northern Rocky Mountains, including 49 Degrees North, Beaver Mountain, Brundage Mountain, Lost Trail Powder Mountain, Mission Ridge and Snow King Mountain.

Zand

If MRG and/or Saddleback end up on the pass...sick.

Probably be like King Pine or something though lol

KustyTheKlown

i dunno tho, if TGR is making a visit, i would hope its something with a little gnar factor. even berkshire east (as I've recently discovered) has a little.

cdskier

I think you maybe misreading it. They are just going to announce the 6th one they are going to visit on the Indy pass.

If that was the case, why would the press release be worded as "with the announcement of a sixth resort coming soon, as it gets added to the Indy Pass program" ?

KustyTheKlown

definitely not misreading, and there is no eastern indy destination that is reveal worthy and not already on their list

SURPRISE SURPRISE WELCOME TO MOHAWK MOUNTAIN CONNECTICUT

Cobbold

My guess mrg will be on the pass next year, heard they would have been on this year but because of COVID 19

Cobbold

definitely not misreading, and there is no eastern indy destination that is reveal worthy and not already on their list

SURPRISE SURPRISE WELCOME TO MOHAWK MOUNTAIN CONNECTICUT
Maybe Breton woods? Waterville valley?