• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Ski Pass

machski

Not in Poconos, but Black Mountain of Maine is a sleeper of an area for glades. Glades everywhere, the Osekare Uphill trail is fantastic and grants Backcountry access in GBA areas plus a few "resort side" glades you cannot access any other way from the resort. Highly recommend, even if you aren't on Indy and are up at SR for a stretch, take a day at Black. Thursday and Fridays this year we're dirt cheap and today's rate was $55, which isn't bad at all given 100% open. And a paved primary parking lot at a non profit area? Very nice.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Montage has some glades too. Easy ones on upper Mt and more challenging ones on North face (lower mt).

Blue has a couple very small glades.

Edd

Renewed for next year. Must have missed a checkbox for the payment plan because I inadvertently paid the entire amount. Watch out for that.

KustyTheKlown

it is nice to see that basically every single place that actually matters in the east is returning

jay, cannon, magic, waterville, bolton, saddleback. the rest is just fluffery.

but if you cant beat em, join em (for the third year in a row lol), so might as well get smuggs and platty involved :p

Zand

I would not count on Plattekill ever joining any discount pass program.

Word in the Cats is that Lazlo is killing it with the private bookings.
Does Plattekill still do the free day for season pass holders from another resort?

Scottyskis2

50% off this weekend only, according to @Scottyskis2 in the Plattekill thread
From platty Facebook page
""
50% OFF LIFT TICKETS FOR SEASON PASS HOLDERS FROM ANY MOUNTAIN THIS WEEKEND, MARCH 25 & 26 ONLY!

Just bring your 22/23 season pass and photo id with you to the office and we will give you 50% off your lift ticket for the day, limit 1 discount per pass holder.

#myplatty #plattekill #seasonpass #welcome #visit Plattekill Mountain Blockbuster Bar Plattekill Mountain Weddings & Events

Edd

Bolton is saying the lift plan for this coming week is two summit lifts open every day except Tuesday, which is, of course, a day I'm planning to ski there. Anyone know which lift it'll be? Snow report doesn't say. Kinda fucking sucks.

KustyTheKlown

Bolton is saying the lift plan for this coming week is two summit lifts open every day except Tuesday, which is, of course, a day I'm planning to ski there. Anyone know which lift it'll be? Snow report doesn't say. Kinda fucking sucks.

I’d assume vista will be open

crippity

its just vista tuesday:

THIS WEEKS LIFT PLAN**
2 SUMMIT LIFTS EVERY WEEKDAY EXCEPT TUESDAY AND ALL 6 LIFTS (INCLUDING OUR 3 SUMMIT LIFTS) OVER THE WEEKEND.
MON: 5 LIFTS INCL VISTA & TIMBERLINE. TUE: 4 LIFTS WITH VISTA. WED/THU: 5 LIFTS INCL VISTA & WILDERNESS.
FRI: 5 LIFTS INCL VISTA & TIMBERLINE. SAT/SUN: – ALL 6 LIFTS (INCL VISTA, WILDERNESS & TIMBERLINE).​

**Conditions permitting & subject to change.

Edd

It'd be nice if they could run Timberline to make up for it. Spent 3 days at Saddleback this past week, Kennebago did not spin at all (bad motor). Sigh.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

its just vista tuesday:

THIS WEEKS LIFT PLAN**
2 SUMMIT LIFTS EVERY WEEKDAY EXCEPT TUESDAY AND ALL 6 LIFTS (INCLUDING OUR 3 SUMMIT LIFTS) OVER THE WEEKEND.
MON: 5 LIFTS INCL VISTA & TIMBERLINE. TUE: 4 LIFTS WITH VISTA. WED/THU: 5 LIFTS INCL VISTA & WILDERNESS.
FRI: 5 LIFTS INCL VISTA & TIMBERLINE. SAT/SUN: – ALL 6 LIFTS (INCL VISTA, WILDERNESS & TIMBERLINE).​

**Conditions permitting & subject to change.
Any idea if Jay, Cannon or Waterville will also start to limit their open terrain weekdays by April 3-4? Trying to plan out an April 1-4 New England Indy trip. Assume all have pretty good conditions now, correct?

Keelhauled

The Bolton plan for this week is Vista only Tuesday/Wednesday, Vista+Timberline Monday/Thursday/Friday, all lifts (assuming snow holds up on Wilderness) for the weekend.

Killingtime

Any idea if Jay, Cannon or Waterville will also start to limit their open terrain weekdays by April 3-4? Trying to plan out an April 1-4 New England Indy trip. Assume all have pretty good conditions now, correct?
I was at Waterville yesterday. Excellent conditions and everything open. Light snow all morning and into early afternoon. Unless it gets crazy warm, this coming weekend should be good.

KustyTheKlown

I was at Waterville yesterday. Excellent conditions and everything open. Light snow all morning and into early afternoon. Unless it gets crazy warm, this coming weekend should be good.

waterville saturday everything was locked up tight, but fully open. i was surprised they let me ski the bumps and trees. it started dumping around 3 pm. the us national mogul freestyle championships were there and watching that was a ton of fun. i'd go back to WV on a corn day or a pow day

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Also interested in any general thoughts on Waterville / Cannon comparison having never been to either