• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay 2fer

BLESS

read this on another site and Im passing it along.

jay peak 2-fer
if you have a shaws grocery close by, swing in and grab the red coupon book/flyer. it has a 2-fer-1 coupon good all season except holidays. i believe it was only for an open house or some sale on sunday, but they still had quite a few kicking around today. so, with that said i'm not sure it's available in all locations. i picked mine up in north hampton NH.

it also had coupons for a few other EC hills. MRG was giving $10 off with their coupon. jay was definitely the best deal in the book.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Still plenty at the Shaws I went to today. Thanks for the tip. Hopefully I get the chance to use it.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Deadhead have you ever paid full price for anything in your life?

Our mutual friend charges me full price ;)

worth every penny

On a serious note, yes, plenty of things. It really wasn't up until a few years ago that I became much more frugal with my money realizing I pretty much pissed it all away on whatever I wanted, when I wanted throughout my 20's and had very little to show for it. Now, especially considering that I'm not a season pass holder anywhere, I would be stupid to not search high and low for the best deals and save wherever possible. I make a fair living, but I just purchased real estate for the first time, am getting married next year and will be looking to start a family soon after, so every dollar I save is like an extra $1.60 earned.

Perhaps you're just asking a question, but for some reason I feel the need to defend myself....like you're calling me cheap or something. Perhaps in some people's eyes I am. In my eyes, I see myself as very resourceful and living the 'wealthiest' life I can with what I have to work with.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Our mutual friend charges me full price ;)

worth every penny

On a serious note, yes, plenty of things. It really wasn't up until a few years ago that I became much more frugal with my money realizing I pretty much pissed it all away on whatever I wanted, when I wanted throughout my 20's and had very little to show for it. Now, especially considering that I'm not a season pass holder anywhere, I would be stupid to not search high and low for the best deals and save wherever possible. I make a fair living, but I just purchased real estate for the first time, am getting married next year and will be looking to start a family soon after, so every dollar I save is like an extra $1.60 earned.

Perhaps you're just asking a question, but for some reason I feel the need to defend myself....like you're calling me cheap or something. Perhaps in some people's eyes I am. In my eyes, I see myself as very resourceful and living the 'wealthiest' life I can with what I have to work with.

I am proud to be cheap. But you'll never catch me shopping sales at the mall....

People are odd. We are all odd in some way or another. Some affluent folks will buy a Mercedes S, take two week vacations to a private Carribean villa, but still go to Wal-mart to buy their toothpaste because it's a good deal.

I get that way too, proportionally speaking. I may buy a nice things, but I just can't bring myself to pay $89 for a lift ticket. It's a lot like taking my family to the Nutcracker - that's nearly a $600 expense for my family. Then again Sox and Yankees fans are paying way more than that for a 3 hour game. The difference here is that there are deals to be had for lift tickets, but not for MLB tix or theater tix, unless your dead uncle left you a lifetime pass...

BLESS

cheap? If you dont take advantage of a free 2 for 1, you're a sucker. I dont care how rich you are.

When you dont have a lot of them, you learn the value of a dollar real quick. Why not save a few?

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've got 9 total, no worries on postage

kcyanks1 - 2
Beano - 1

6 remaining

Anyone else interested send me a PM with your snail mail and I'll get them out this weekend. First come, first serve

shpride

I am going to have to grab one today. Are they just sitting at the customer service counter or something?

kcyanks1

I've got 9 total, no worries on postage

kcyanks1 - 2
Beano - 1

6 remaining

Anyone else interested send me a PM with your snail mail and I'll get them out this weekend. First come, first serve

Sending me only 1 would be more than appreciated..Let as many people as possible get their hands on them. Thanks again!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Work travels took me by another Shaws today, picked up 5 more, 1 going to sikskier

4 more up for grabs :snow:

deadheadskier

Staff member
'sold out'

Hope everyone gets a chance to enjoy them. Expecting them in the mail sometime this week.

kcyanks1

Bumping up this old thread, because I have two of the coupons that deadheadskier generously sent, that unfortunately it seems I won't be able to use. With today's return to winter(!!) and 1.5 month's of Jay's season left, I figured I tried to offer them up to someone who will actually use them. So I'll mail them out to the first one or two people who request them. Please reply in this thread so people see you claimed them, and PM me your address, and I'll get them out in the mail ASAP. Thanks!