• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak bombshell

cdskier

This is a rather bizarre discussion. The whole point of VT requiring a quarantine is so that you don't infect other people you come into contact with in case you are sick. If you go only to your own private residence and nowhere else, there's really no point in forcing you to stay there for 14 days before subsequently leaving the state. It is quite different from someone going to VT only for a day trip to ski where they are obviously out in public.

VT does address this specific point in their FAQ:
If I am staying in Vermont for less than the minimum quarantine time, may I still come to Vermont?

Yes, but only if you are in full quarantine at the lodging establishment or private residence in which you are staying while in Vermont. Quarantine means you do not leave the room or house in which you are staying and make no trips to the grocery store, restaurants or any other places where you will come in contact with others. Using lodging property amenities such as pools, spas, gyms, recreation equipment or other general use facilities is also not permitted.

So if someone goes to only their own residence to clean it out and does not come into contact with others, there's absolutely no requirement to stay "in quarantine" for 14 days before leaving VT. VT point blank says so.

fbrissette

Curious why you chose Tremblant vs say Sutton or Orford? Wouldn't those areas offer a more Jay like experience than Tremblant?

I haven't skied any of them. I've just always been under the impression that Tremblant is something similar to say Stratton where as the Laurentians have more of the ungroomed and tree skiing experience Jay is known for.

Sent from my moto g power using AlpineZone mobile app

Your correct in your assessment of Orford and especially Sutton. Picked Tremblant because I have friends up there and because I'm going to BC for a week of backcountry skiing in February and before that I'll ski Sunshine, Lake louise and revelstoke, which are all on the Ikon pass. In addition, Tremblant will be less busy with winter because of travel restrictions.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Your correct in your assessment of Orford and especially Sutton. Picked Tremblant because I have friends up there and because I'm going to BC for a week of backcountry skiing in February and before that I'll ski Sunshine, Lake louise and revelstoke, which are all on the Ikon pass. In addition, Tremblant will be less busy with winter because of travel restrictions.
Domestic or International?

I know quite a few people who have skied Tremblant, but it's like a once every ten year thing just to check it out. I didn't think a vast amount of Americans made up the crazy crowds I read about there.

Either way, I hope you manage a great season given the circumstances. Hopefully all is reasonably back to normal at Jay for you next season.

fbrissette

Domestic or International?

I know quite a few people who have skied Tremblant, but it's like a once every ten year thing just to check it out. I didn't think a vast amount of Americans made up the crazy crowds I read about there.

Either way, I hope you manage a great season given the circumstances. Hopefully all is reasonably back to normal at Jay for you next season.

I assume more domestic traffic this year, but no internationals at all. This is quite puzzling to me, but there is a large number of Europeans who ski Tremblant and also a relatively large number of US skiers during the usual big holiday periods.