• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington nightmare

Quietman

This pic has made the rounds before, was not from this weekend. Some said it was Photoshopped.

mriceyman

Def not presidents weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

jaybird

It's like that early season when they open lower bunny.
Even tighter when patrol sleds are involved.

cdskier

I'm pretty sure this photo was posted on this forum earlier this season...so definitely not this weekend.

Highway Star

While that could be somewhere at Killington like Lower Skyeburst or Lower Bittersweet, it looks too narrow to be any of Killington's major high traffic trails.

yeggous

While that could be somewhere at Killington like Lower Skyeburst or Lower Bittersweet, it looks too narrow to be any of Killington's major high traffic trails.

You think that trail looks narrow? Wow, I guess everything is relative.

Quietman

Quick Google search and:

160102_zn3bs_fetesetrien_pagaille-tremblant_sn635.jpg

Pagaille sur les pistes de Tremblant le 30 décembre 2015
Mess on the slopes Tremblant December 30, 2015 Photo: Guy Thibodeau
After the snowfall on Quebec between Christmas and New Year's Day, Alpine ski centers have finally experienced busy days, as evidenced by our picture of a crowded track Wednesday at Tremblant! But the conditions were more or less perfect, and our collaborator Guy Thibodeau suggests, in these cases, to grow its sport versatility: the conditions are sometimes better for snowshoeing or cross country skiing.

C-Rex

While it wasn't quite that bad, I had a day that was pretty close at Mount Snow over Christmas break this year. They were supposed to have like 9 trails but Bluebird was on "Wind Hold" so the only thing that was open was Canyon. Every family that had booked a Christmas vacation was crammed on to that one trail. After several close calls in 3 runs we went to guest services to get a voucher for another day.

abc

It's photoshopped!

Look at the size of the people at the top of run, which is further away from the camera. The size of the bodies are almost the same size as the bodies on the bottom of the slope. That violates the principle of optics, which says objects further away should appear smaller.

(Look at the size of the trees on the top of the slope, which is indeed MUCH smaller than those on the bottom of the slope, as they should be. The skiers body size should have the same relative proportion as the trees. But they're NOT. So the skiers are photoshop onto the slope)

skiMEbike

Surprisingly familiar to this photo from Sugarloaf yesterday....A shot from yesterday looking at chicken pitch. They eventually had to shut Tote Road down mid day yesterday due to too much carnage on the trail. I just came back from 5 days up at the Loaf...Things are not good in the Mountains right now.

SL Tote Road 2-17-16.jpg

yeggous

Surprisingly familiar to this photo from Sugarloaf yesterday....A shot from yesterday looking at chicken pitch. They eventually had to shut Tote Road down mid day yesterday due to too much carnage on the trail. I just came back from 5 days up at the Loaf...Things are not good in the Mountains right now.

View attachment 19066

Wow look at that ice. Does not look pleasant.

ALLSKIING

Staff member

View attachment 19066

Depending on where you go.

Attachments

• 1455832825663.jpg
    1455832825663.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 127