• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Nov. 3, 2014

Cornhead

Man down....DoubleEject may be out for season. Knee. Be out there solo a lot..................................
Tuesday is a possibility.

Bummer, for both of you, more for him. Did it happen skiing? Hang in there DE, both my knees are giving me problems now, one reconstructed 20 yrs ago, the other just age and weight related, I think.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Savemeasammy

^ It sounds like somebody should start the new injury report. Bummer, DE...

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Man down....DoubleEject may be out for season. Knee. Be out there solo a lot..................................
Tuesday is a possibility.
I don't understand. You said "knee", not "knees". Why should you be "out for the season"? You only need one to ski (or none, if you try adaptive). :-D

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Mar. 9, 2015 - Mon.
First return to Killington since Nov. 13. It's probably the first time in a decade that I've been there when it was 100% open and 100% winter conditions. I was waiting at the Skyeship at 9AM and grabbed one of the last rides on the mid-station of the Skyeship at 3:57PM, grabbing food on the lift ride up. It was the kind of day, I just couldn't get enough. The woods were spectacular and the only unskiable patch was a small 20 foot section of Julio's just above where it meets Flume. I can't remember the last time I skied Royal Flush when I didn't have to avoid any bare spots. I found a few glades I'd never skied before including Growler and Chop-Chop. While a little easier, I've always been partial to Low Rider on Snowden and spent a bunch of runs on it. There was an inch or two of fresh snow at the higher elevations which was a very pleasant touch up to what was already a great surface.

I've seen the photos of the "Superstar Glacier" but it is quite different to see it in person. Amazing! No doubt: It was the best day of the season for me.

4aprice

Mar. 9, 2015 - Mon.
First return to Killington since Nov. 13. It's probably the first time in a decade that I've been there when it was 100% open and 100% winter conditions. I was waiting at the Skyeship at 9AM and grabbed one of the last rides on the mid-station of the Skyeship at 3:57PM, grabbing food on the lift ride up. It was the kind of day, I just couldn't get enough. The woods were spectacular and the only unskiable patch was a small 20 foot section of Julio's just above where it meets Flume. I can't remember the last time I skied Royal Flush when I didn't have to avoid any bare spots. I found a few glades I'd never skied before including Growler and Chop-Chop. While a little easier, I've always been partial to Low Rider on Snowden and spent a bunch of runs on it. There was an inch or two of fresh snow at the higher elevations which was a very pleasant touch up to what was already a great surface.

I've seen the photos of the "Superstar Glacier" but it is quite different to see it in person. Amazing! No doubt: It was the best day of the season for me.

Killington can be a beast, but when hit on the right day in the right condition it can truly provide world class skiing. I had a similar day back in spring of 2011 that actually changed the way I look at Killington now.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ