• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Opening at NOON on SUNDAY October 18th!

Newpylong

It's foolhardy to look at P&L for one weekend vs what opening this early brings in throughout the reminder of the season based on the marketing hype. Unfortunately this is impossible to really sample. That said, outside of a few years Killington has been doing this since their inception so I would guess they feel it's worth the effort.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
It's foolhardy to look at P&L for one weekend vs what opening this early brings in throughout the reminder of the season based on the marketing hype. Unfortunately this is impossible to really sample. That said, outside of a few years Killington has been doing this since their inception so I would guess they feel it's worth the effort.
+1. Totally agree. Killington is simply The Beast of the East. They lived up to that reputation in May and are back at it less than 5 months later. Kudos!

Cornhead

God bless the return of The Beast! They are so much closer to me than any of the other early/late season players. Long live The Beast! Hope they make June this year. I will spend my midseason weekends elsewhere however.

steamboat1

Looks beautiful. A sight for sore eyes. I wonder if there's any poaching going on.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1445188198648_1024x600.jpg
    1445188198648_1024x600.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 334

Puck it

From my brother in law rubbing it in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 236
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 234

yeggous

You are very anti-K. while it isn't my favorite place I embrace the early and late season they provide

I share his sentiment about hiking up and down. It sucks wearing ski boots. I did it once and swore never again. I'd much rather go to SR and download from the mid station. If I were to go back to K and hike the stairs, I'd definitely bring my boot bag with me and leave it at the bottom of the stairs. I agree the walk isn't that bad if you're wearing street shoes, but it's a different story in ski boots.

Smellytele

I share his sentiment about hiking up and down. It sucks wearing ski boots. I did it once and swore never again. I'd much rather go to SR and download from the mid station. If I were to go back to K and hike the stairs, I'd definitely bring my boot bag with me and leave it at the bottom of the stairs. I agree the walk isn't that bad if you're wearing street shoes, but it's a different story in ski boots.

It wasn't just this post it has been a lot of his post in the last week.