• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington winter ops update

abc

So if I wipe out and my mask comes off will they still help me? Or if I have a face/mouth injury?
I'm sure the patrol will stop to help you. But they're at an increased risk as you don't have a mask on.

In short, if your mask comes off when you wipe out, there's not much YOU can do. But if you CHOOSE not to wear a mask on the way down, and then then wipe out, YOU are increasing the risk of those who stop to help you.

Choose accordingly.

flakeydog

I think this tread pretty much sums up why the rules were stated as they were.

Keep it up and we wont have to worry about it any more while we sit at home bitching about why all the ski areas had to shut down.

I went the other day, not ideal to wear a mask at all time while skiing but not being an entitled narcissistic douchebag seemed to make it a lot easier.

Skiing is fun. Try to enjoy it!

machski

I found just keeping my gaitor type mask up was easier than constantly pulling up and down to ski/chair ride. This was in the rain on Monday too. Didn't really bother me while skiing. Now I will say, the gaitors I bought specifically to wear while skiing are single layer and silk like in terms of texture. I wear two, but the second stays down unless I go in a lodge to "double layer.". The single breaths easy and unless I'm standing still for a while, had no issues with goggles fogging with it up over my nose all day, even with the added rain moisture.

KustyTheKlown

Has anyone found a goggle/mask set up that allows you to keep your nose covered the whole time and not steam up your goggles creating another pothentially dangerous situation?

haven't tried this but facebook ads really want me to:

1606312272069.png

skiur

Killington has changed their mask policy and a mask is no longer required while actively skiing.

skef

Has anyone found a goggle/mask set up that allows you to keep your nose covered the whole time and not steam up your goggles creating another pothentially dangerous situation?
I spent a solid three hours on Sunday morning lapping WaWa wearing an airband mask and didn't have any fogging problems. Your mileage may vary. (Oh, just checked the site and it looks like they might be temporarily sold out.)

Generally speaking, if you're having fogging problems, you're venting (unfiltered) air out the top of the mask. A good stiff wire top edge, to conform to your nose, really helps.